shape
carat
color
clarity

Out of curiousity about mall store stones......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so not purchasing from a mall store but I was curious....I know they say right on thier webpages that a 1ct ring could be anywhere from .90 to 1ct in actual ct weight but does anyone happen to know was the measurements....like the mm''s are of the average 1ct mall store diamond solitaire?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Well a well cut 1ct stone should have a diameter around 6.5mm.

Many "average" cut stones are deeper, making the diameter much smaller than 6.5mm.

Of course, a shallow cut stone will have a larger diameter than 6.5mm.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure there can be an answer... size depends on cut, and there is no such thing as a ''mall cut'' diamond
2.gif

It is hard to believe that a large scale operation (if that is the case for the shops in the respective Mall) selects every and each stone. You might even meet a nice one. It may pay to know what to look for.

My 2c
5.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Many large major chain stores will sell their diamond engagement rings in ranges of sizes, for example..
half carat diamonds from 0.46- 0.55ct. Oftentimes the actual weight of the diamond will be stamped inside the shank. As always, check the four C''s, especially the cut.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results