shape
carat
color
clarity

Our Little Bootsie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had to put our 18-year-old kitty Bootsie to sleep today.
39.gif

I''ve posted about her before; she''s had hyperthyroidism for over three years, and we''ve been successfully medicating her all along. Her little body started to give out on her this week, though. We took her in to the vet Tuesday because she had blood in her stool, and after over $500 worth of tests all we found out was that her thyroid numbers were elevated again, and she did not have any major organ failure, which we thought was a good sign. We put her on a steroid med in hopes that it would help, but she stopped eating and drinking yesterday so we knew she was really sick. Our vet believes she had cancer that was just undetectable in tests (in her intestines, she thought).

She weighed 6 pounds at her healthiest, 5 pounds in September, 4 lbs 2 ounces on Tuesday, and 3 lbs 15 ounces today. Her little body just couldn''t handle all that was going wrong, and we knew we had to say goodbye.
39.gif

She was the sweetest, cuddliest little girl ever. She purred constantly, even when she was at the vet. All she wanted to do was cuddle up on my chest, jam her little face under my chin, and purr like a motor. She also loved to sit in boxes, we called her Bootsieinthebox. I adopted her and her sister Mazi (who passed away in March) when I was ten-years-old, I used my Chanukah money to pay for their adoption fees. They were less than six weeks old when we took them home, and we''ve been together ever since.

I just wanted to give my sweet little Bootsie a tribute thread on PS. I don''t have the greatest shots of her on this computer, but here''s a glimpse:

BootsieBearHaven.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry for your loss. I''m sure you gave her a wonderful life! She was a beautiful little kitty and it sounds like she was a total sweetheart.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I am so terribly sorry Haven! I know how much love you have for her. ((Big hugs))

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww Haven, I''m so sorry to hear that. But you did the right thing, little Bootsie isn''t suffering anymore.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven I am so sorry. Bootsie won''t suffer any longer, and am sure you gave her all the love in the world. Hugs.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry Haven
7.gif
I hate to when it is time for furbabies to go but at least now she is in peace and not hurting anymore. She sounds like she was really special, and much loved, sending hugs your way.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Haven, what a wee lil angel. I''m so sorry for your loss and I hope that your heartache lessens soon.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry. Bootsie is in good hands now.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, she looked like a real sweetie. I''m so sorry for you. You''re lucky you got to have her for so long though. Hope you can remember all the cute things she did and the nice memories you have of her.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry Haven. She looks absolutely adorable! The loss of a pet is so difficult. I went through the same thing a few months ago. Hugs to you. I know how hard it is. There are a lot of great memories packed into those 18 years, I''m sure!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven,

I am so desperately sorry, you and your Hubby will be in my thoughts and prayers.
emrose.gif
Hugs dear ((()))

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry, Haven. I just shed a tear for Bootsie. My childhood cat was the absolute love of my life. Thank you for starting this thread - so we can all remember Bootsie.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much. I''ve been successfully distracting myself with PS and an outing to the movies. Role Models is a great flick, by the way. Really entertaining.

I miss my Bootsie so much. It''s weird because I keep thinking that I see her in the house even though I should know that she''s not here. I suppose it''s taking my mind a little bit of time to catch up to reality.

I keep thinking about Bootsie and Mazi when they were young and crazy and crawling up curtains and chasing my feet under the covers at night. I miss them so much, as well as all the other furbabies I''ve lost, and I do take solace in the wonderful memories I have with all of them.

Thanks, guys.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Oh haven, I''m going to go hug my black and white kitty now. I am so very sorry for your loss.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really sorry to hear that Haven. Sending hugs. Love those pictures.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh Haven sweetheart, I am so very sorry for your loss. It is so hard to say goodbye to a beloved friend. I''m thankful you had 18 wonderful years together. She was a beautiful girl. Sending lots of love your way. ((((HUGS))))

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I have tears now.

Please don''t be sad, she wouldn''t want you to be. She had a very long and happy life full of love, and now she is at rest.

RIP Bootsie.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry Haven. Please try to be comforted by the fact that you gave her the best care possible and that she had a wonderful life!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Haven, I''m so sorry to hear this. You gave Bootsie years of love, and she was a lucky girl to have been adopted by you.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
she was adorable....and still is because no one can take her from your heart. RIP Bootsie, you were very loved.

movie zombie

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven, I''m sorry to hear about Boostsie!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry for your lose, she was a beautiful cat.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh Haven - what a heartbreaking decision to have to make. It sounds like Bootsie had a long and wonderful life with your, and when the time came, you made the selfless decision and allowed her to pass with dignity and without pain.

Healing thoughts and prayers to you at this difficult time.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven I am so sorry to hear this. Sounds like Bootsie had a *wonderful* life!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, you guys.

It still doesn''t feel real that she''s gone. I woke up this morning and walked to our family room, where she lived in a giant cage, singing her name as I always do as I walk over there to give her a morning cuddle, breakfast, and some meds. It was so sad.

DH hasn''t taken the cage* down yet, but I think it will really hit home when it''s gone.

I really appreciate all of your kind thoughts. She was a little old lady with a big heart and an even bigger motor. You could hear her purr two rooms away, and it was always going.

(*We''re not horrible pet owners, Bootsie was senile and didn''t know to use a litter box anymore so we kept her in a huge cage so she wouldn''t go on all of our clothes and furniture. It''s the type of cage they use in pet stores to house eight cats, we called it the "Bootsie Chalet".)

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Putting down a beloved pet is most certainly hard. You and little Bootsie are in my thoughts!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Poor sweet kitty! I''m really sorry for your loss, Haven.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss, Haven. I hope you are able to find joy from the 18 wonderful years you had with Bootsie to get you though this difficult time.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Haven, my heart sank as soon as I saw the title to this thread.
7.gif
I''m so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your DH during this time. Bootsie lived such a long life and it''s such a blessing that you had the opportunity to enjoy her for 18 years! Huggs to you.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven I am so sorry; sending you a huge hug friend.
emrose.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results