shape
carat
color
clarity

Our house offer was accepted!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
So, after only about 6 weeks of looking for a house, we found one! We made an offer today and after just a couple counters, we settled on a great price! We will close Oct 10 (assuming inspection and appraisal go well). Our new home is 3 bed/2 bath, big windows, great backyard and a wonderful neighborhood. NEEDS some kitchen updates, but we intend on expanding the kitchen area in the coming Spring!

Just had to share because I''m so excited. I''ve already decorated the house in my head....

1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Can''t wait to see pics of your new home!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woooo hoooooooo, I am so HAPPY FOR YOU, SS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Congrats!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls!!

btw-Skippy, love your new avatar!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!
5.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY YAY YAY SS, that is wonderful news
36.gif
. I am so happy to hear that. I can''t wait to see pictures of your lovely new home.

Linda

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How cool! Congratulations!

Is this your first home? ETA2: I just realized the question might seem like I'm prying - didn't mean to - I asked is because it's extra special/extra exciting if it's your first home.

ETA: 6 weeks is quick! good for you!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats....may have been only 6 weeks but you worked at it! again, congrats.

movie zombie

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, shiny! We''re just starting to think of looking for a place, and it''s nice to hear about someone who had quick success in finding their home. Would love to see before/after pics as you decorate!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s sooooo exciting, congrats somethingshiny!!! I can''t wait to see pics!!! Woohooo!!!
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif
congrats somethingshiny!!!
36.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to all of you!

I''m so excited, but we just found out today that our rental lease calls for a 90 day notice for termination of contract. I don''t know what we''re going to do about that. The only plan I have is to allow the landlady to keep the deposit as one month''s rent, pay her the upcoming month''s rent (middle of the month) and hope she''ll settle for 10 weeks notice. But, of course, we''d still move into the new house in 6 weeks. It throws a wrench into our plans, but I should have paid more attention a few weeks ago.

And, just for reference (for other house hunters), this was the 10th house we looked at. And, it''s in a different town than we expected to buy in. But, still a great location.

And, you guys will see before and after pics! One of the bedrooms is emerald green with Indian Dream Catchers wallpaper, that''s gotta go ASAP! The kitchen really needs work, but the that''ll be a few months.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
congrats!! how exciting!
can't wait for pics!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations
36.gif

cant wait to see some pics =)

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 8:12:52 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Thanks to all of you!

I''m so excited, but we just found out today that our rental lease calls for a 90 day notice for termination of contract. I don''t know what we''re going to do about that. The only plan I have is to allow the landlady to keep the deposit as one month''s rent, pay her the upcoming month''s rent (middle of the month) and hope she''ll settle for 10 weeks notice. But, of course, we''d still move into the new house in 6 weeks. It throws a wrench into our plans, but I should have paid more attention a few weeks ago.

And, just for reference (for other house hunters), this was the 10th house we looked at. And, it''s in a different town than we expected to buy in. But, still a great location.

And, you guys will see before and after pics! One of the bedrooms is emerald green with Indian Dream Catchers wallpaper, that''s gotta go ASAP! The kitchen really needs work, but the that''ll be a few months.
I think that you might still be responsible for the remainder of the lease unless you have a very understanding landlord. I would really look into the situation and depending on what happens maybe shift your plans if there is a need. If your landlord holds you to it, I believe you would need to be prepared to pay to the 90 days or until they have found a replacement. Maybe you could look into a longer closing date to help get to the 90 days.

Sorry to be a downer, but congratulations on your new house!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!! How exciting :)

In speaking with your landlady (do this ASAP), you might want to offer to do the legwork on finding a new tenant. Offer to front the money to run ads etc. Obviously her approval of the person is what ultimately matters, but if she knows you're not doing this to be a jerk, she might be more willing to let you leave a bit early.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
congrats! that is great news!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all!

Lauren, didn''t you have your kitchen on that site??? It''s great for tons of ideas!

Thanks for the suggestions about the leasing situation, Hera and HH.

I know it''ll work out, it just might not be exactly the way I want it to. But, I''ll never have to deal with leases, landlords, and white walls again!!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, somethingshiny!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results