shape
carat
color
clarity

Our Elopement Story & Pro Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 1:07:13 AM
Author: diamondfan
Mia, what a lovely wedding! You both look adorable and so happy. The building is so stunning too!
Thanks! When we decided to elope, I definitely did not want to do it in a city hall. But after seeing SF''s city hall I was in love! We were so lucky to live so close.

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Mia! Those photos are gorgeous! I adore your dress, your hair was beautiful, city hall is quite photogenic, isn''t it? Who was your photographer???????

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 1:37:19 AM
Author: somehowcollide
Goodness, these pictures are AMAZING. I am speechless. It looks like a model shoot. I can''t imagine how editing would make these any better.

Congrats to you, you are beautiful bride and you make elopement look absolutely glamorous!
Awww thanks! I find myself thinking about all of the things I could have done better, but then I look at the pictures and realize they''re actually pretty good.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 1:38:20 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Mia..your photos and wedding reminds me of a classic Hollywood love story. They are stunning and lovely. You two had such a special day!! Best wishes to you and your DH and thank you so much for sharing your photos!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks Sarah! Yes it was very special and I wouldn''t trade it. But I would definitely do it again in a heartbeat!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mia, I have to say that I think these are my favorite wedding pictures ever. Not joking. They are absolutely breathtaking, and I hope that my wedding day, whenever it is, is a tenth as beautiful as yours was.

And there are a TON of beautiful weddings on PS. Sometimes simplicity rules all.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 1:44:21 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Mia, I have to say that I think these are my favorite wedding pictures ever. Not joking. They are absolutely breathtaking, and I hope that my wedding day, whenever it is, is a tenth as beautiful as yours was.

And there are a TON of beautiful weddings on PS. Sometimes simplicity rules all.

I agree 100% Freke! You put it into words much better than I did.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 1:46:43 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Date: 10/9/2008 1:44:21 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Mia, I have to say that I think these are my favorite wedding pictures ever. Not joking. They are absolutely breathtaking...Sometimes simplicity rules all.
I agree 100% Freke! You put it into words much better than I did.
Double DITTO. Simply STUNNING. All of it. And intimate in the best possible way. Am awestruck. CONGRATS!!!

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
mia! I adore your pictures. I loved your story, too. I''m a nanny and I can totally envision the morning you described. You and your husband look fantastic in the photos. Just stunning.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Mia, your photos are AMAZING!!!! What a gorgeous couple you two make!!! Your photographer did a great job!!! Congratulations and best wishes always!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Smo

Shiny_Rock
Wow Mia those photo''s are fantastic! I am such a lurker and very rarely comment but had to log in to say (1) how fantastic the photos are (2) you look stunning, love the hair, makeup and the dress is beautiful (3) you and your husband look wonderful together.

I loved the shot leaving town hall and I thought it looked better for the fact you weren''t looking at the camera. It felt kind of like a movie, like you weren''t really aware of the photos being taken.

Such a great story and such lovely pictures. Congralations. I am such a non-weddingy person, (and non-gushy person, believe it or not!
2.gif
) and I loved, loved this!

You totally need to have those photo''s displayed, I think this idea would work great: Plexiglass Photo Display

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Mia! You and your husband are a beautiful couple, and your wedding looked amazing! City Hall is a gorgeous building, and I can see why you loved it. The architecture is stunning. Your flowers, dress, your husband''s suit...everything looks beautiful.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Wow you guys looked amazing!!

Your photos were so great too. SF City Hall is a gorgeous place to get married.

I loved how well your dress and your whole look turned out. Beautiful! I''m gushing on you now!!
1.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! Your photos are really truly beautiful. You both look so happy, relaxed and totally in love. It shows in your pics. I just love you TTD pics - what a blast!!!
36.gif

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
What gorgeous pictures! Congratulations! Some of your pictures look like they came out of a magazine spread!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! You looked absolutely divine! I love your pictures, I dont think they need any editing at all! I love your trash the dress idea - all the pics on the beach were fantastic! You know, I have to add, you can see the immense love between the two of you in all pictures...just the way you look at each other. It''s so adorable! :)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So ROMANTIC! What beautiful pictures, mia. Love the one on the pipe, the one where your feet are dangling together. So sweet!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
WOW - WOW - WOW
these pics are amazing! like everyone else said ! lol
i am so happy for you - geeez. they should be in magazines. oh my god, amazing.
congrats.
wheww!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Somehowcollide- Is your screen name from a song? When I see it I feel like I should be singing it. Thanks, it definitely was like a model shoot, except DH and I are definitely not models! He was trying to just hold a fake grin on his face at the camera, and I thought I was going to do my thing and let the capture it. Unfortunately, that meant I wasn''t smiling enough in the pictures. But we still managed to get some good ones!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous pics!!! They look great as is!!!!
36.gif

Congrats!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 9:58:36 AM
Author: mia1181
But we still managed to get some good ones!

That''s a major understatement! Mia they are GORGEOUS. And I think the lady at city hall that helped you was the same person that helped us get our marriage certificate last year!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Marchswallow- Thanks, have you been to city hall? It really is beautiful. The lighting is awesome in many places. Our photographer was Joseph Kohn of IQ Studio. His website is www.iqphoto.com If you want to play "where''s waldo" on of our pictures (with some artistic effects) is in his main slideshow.

Freke, SarahlovesJS, and decodelighted- Thank you so much. That was such a wonderful compliment! I''m definitely not the anti-wedding person that people think elopers are. I am quite the opposite. I was the girl that dreamt of her big day and I knew everything I wanted from the time I was a teenager. I wanted a big wedding with the string quartet and huge outdoor reception. But by the time I was engaged, I realized how expensive wedding could be and just didn''t want to spend it. But I still wanted something pretty. We had to elope by ourselves because it wouldn''t be fair that my family probably wouldn''t be able to make it. His mother was a little upset, but thankfully when she saw these pictures she realized how special it was and she could be proud we eloped instead of ashamed. Yesterday she sent me the nicest email saying "I now see that a bunch of people standing around would have taken away from these beautiful pictures." I thought that was very sweet of her, not that we at all didn''t invite people because they would "ruin" our pictures, but it shows that she is starting to accept it.

MatildaWong- Thanks! Ha you are a nanny too? We''ve all been thrown up, eh? You should have seen it, my first instinct was to catch it in my hands, so there I was just sitting there holding it! Go nannies! How old are your charges? I have 2 girls one is 4 w/ special needs and the other is 2.5!

Thanks to everyone else! I''ll thank you individually later on when I have some time... I have to get to work now.

MissManna

Rough_Rock
Congrats mia! Your pictures are gorgeous! I really love the one where you''re leaving footprints in the sand. They''re all very creative!
1.gif

Daydreamer7130

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful EVERYTHING!!!!

Geezzz, there was nothing to edit... you guys are so beautiful and the location beautiful. Don''t feel bad... everything was amazing!

Love the TTD.. I cannot wait to get my pro-pics back!

Cynthia

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic, the photos are gorgeous and you had the perfect setting!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Yah Mia, finally we get to see the rest of your pictures! They''re gorgeous! You and DH love amazing! I love your hair and makeup, and the TTD shots. Of course, one of my favs is still the sandy hands/rings shot! By the way, I love the archectecture of SF City Hall - it''s definitely one of the most beautiful I''ve ever seen. Thanks for sharing
9.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I love your photos!!! oh my, I am so envious of your private, glamorous day! WOW

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look absolutely amazing!! I adore your dress. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your pictures!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful pictures! thank you for sharing and congrats!!!! i love your dress, too!!!! where is that one from?

congrats again!!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
These photos really are wonderful. They inspire me to elope. :) I think my Dad would have a fit though...

I love the beach photos especially! I remember seeing your thread about your wedding announcements and its nice to see all of those photos in a different context with the other wedding photos. They are simply gorgeous.

Congrats on a lovely romantic day!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!!! you and your dh look so gorgeous and in love together. your pics remind me of a classy old time movie my grandma made me watch--can''t remember the name. what elegant and timeless photos.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results