shape
carat
color
clarity

Our couch hunt is over

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
And, would you believe we went back to the first one we looked at? The very day we saw our house for the first time, before we had the actual offer in, we went looking at furniture. "What would we put in this space? That space?" We said to ourselves, "let''s look around before we buy", and then went back and bought Sofa #1. (Actually, I could have purchased Sofa #1 to start with. He Who Shall Remain Nameless had to look everywhere else.)

my sofa.jpg

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Do you mind me asking who makes that sofa? It looks stylish, yet comfy.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Comfy and good looking! The couch looks like it will go with everything
36.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
It is the ''Naples'' from Sofa Mart (a Furniture Row company).

It is a sink-into, totally relaxing, "Aaahhhh" sofa. The accent pillows are large, made of quality material, and are just-right squishy. And in a vague enough print to not be a problem with other patterns in the room.

We would have preferred a slightly more neutral color than green, but it is taupe-y enough to not be too green. It will work well with an area rug I want from Wal-Mart to match the runner I''ve already purchased for my foyer. (I''d show a photo of it, but WM doesn''t have that particular one on their website.)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great and it sounds really comfy!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Love your new sofa- it looks super comfy without looking messy if that makes sense.

Don''t you love it when you know the moment you see something that it''s "it" and then someone else that will remain nameless doesn''t agree and slows the whole process down? I have one of those too only it took me EIGHT months to talk him into the sofa I originally wanted. This was after seven months of convincing him we needed one and a month of driving to every single furniture store in "furniture" row and proving the first one was the best one.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sofa looks deliciously comfortable. It''s beautiful and formal in a way, but it also screams "Curl up on me and read a stack of books on a lazy Sunday!" The best of both worlds, I''d say.

It sounds like we are not only doppelgangers, Holly, but our husbands may be, as well. Or, shall I say, he who remains nameless sounds a lot like my husband. It took the man (my man) nine months to buy a television, over 70 houses to agree that ours was "the one", and over three years to realize that he better put a ring on my finger and commit already. And don''t even get me started on towels. He''s still searching for the perfect towel after a full year of marital bliss. I just want something big enough to cover up all my embarrassing bits, who knew there was more to it?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 10:43:58 PM
Author: April20
Love your new sofa- it looks super comfy without looking messy if that makes sense.

Don''t you love it when you know the moment you see something that it''s ''it'' and then someone else that will remain nameless doesn''t agree and slows the whole process down? I have one of those too only it took me EIGHT months to talk him into the sofa I originally wanted. This was after seven months of convincing him we needed one and a month of driving to every single furniture store in ''furniture'' row and proving the first one was the best one.
Ha! Seems you have a die-hard bona-fide man on your hands!

If it were a truck, a lawn mower, a weed whacker, a pair of jeans, or even a tie - - they could make a snap decision. Decor, on the other hand, is a tough assignment for them.
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
"He''s still searching for the perfect towel after a full year of marital bliss. I just want something big enough to cover up all my embarrassing bits, who knew there was more to it?" (Haven)

I know!! Why is this a ''perfection only'' issue? And one man''s perfect is surely going to be another''s not so much.

A woman works her choices in decor around what she cannot change, is too lazy to change, and whatever today''s whim may be. We know we can rework, restage, redo, refurbish anytime we want to. We love the challenge, the change, the ever expanding search for accoutrement to enliven our nest.

Men just want it done. Perfectly in place and finished. And please don''t rearrange the furniture. Because if it wasn''t perfect where it was, their whole sense of ''all is right with the world'' goes out the window.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results