shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW "Otterly" filled with joy: Proposal story & Octavia e-ring!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Re: "Otterly" filled with joy: Proposal story & Octavia e-ri

OMG! Congrats - so happy for you! :appl: And that RING! :love: And the stone! :love:

Ok, time for another LA GTG so you can show that puppy off! :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh it's just beautiful! :love: Congratulations and all the best to you both!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is a gorgeous ring and a lovely proposal story. I hope your 'otterly' in love forever!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Thanks everyone! <3

Niel said:
how could he have managed to hide that clam in her pocket?! I love it of course! This was absolutely the right setting!

He was wearing a loose fitting jacket with big pockets, and the clam box was so flat it didn't really make a bump. I actually was looking at his pockets to see if I could make out the outline of a ring box... but I didn't see anything so I figured he wasn't going to propose then. I was wrong :tongue:
---

One thing that comes to mind as I try to photograph this ring is a post Kenny made a while back about how using a crummy camera can cause a diamond to look dark in the center simply because one has to bring the lens so close to the diamond that it starts reflecting it back at the viewer. Wish I could find that post. Anyway, trying to photograph this diamond has been a very enlightening experience for me because in most of my photos, the facets under the table look really dark, and in real life they're not at all. I must have looked at tons of other step cuts on the internet and thought that they had dark centers when in actuality, they were probably just not photographed with a nice camera. I'd love a better camera, but for now my phone will have to do. ::) The other problem with photographing this stone is that in many cases it is just TOO DANG BRIGHT! for me to be able to get a good photo. I threw out tons of pics that would have been nice except that the stone was so bright that it washed everything else out. Knock it off with that awesome light performance! :D

I did make a short YouTube video though-- I tried to capture the brightness and liveliness of this stone and though the video isn't as good as real life, it does show it off pretty nicely. Change the quality to 1080p. :)

http://youtu.be/LZ4lao0m5PE

I think the video really captures the true colors of the metal and the center stone. They both appear to be a very soft butter color in most lighting environments that I've seen so far.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock

Congrats lady!!! What A CUTE PROPOSAL! And gorgeous ring! I love it! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love your ring, the setting is just perfect with that spectacular diamond! Your pics are great. :love: Such a sweet proposal too, a wonderful memory for years to come- congrats! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

cyg - I think kenny had recommended to cut a pinhole out of a piece of white cardstock to hold over the lens..that way the lens can still capture the image but it allows the stone to reflect mostly the white stock! maybe try that if you have a chance to set that up?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! How lucky are you to get an Octavia!!!! Stunning setting too! Congrats!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Many congrats! The stone is of course amazing and the setting suits it perfectly. Yay!!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Adorable proposal story....and amazing ring! I love the setting, fantastic choice, I think asschers look perfect in settings that are wide in the front and taper away from the stone :love: :love: :love:
And an Octavia :lickout:
Congratulations!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock

Congratulations on your engagement! I love your ring and the way it was given to you! :love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Well done! Congrats!!!

Lovely fire!

Do u think you could post some profile shots? Love to see the crown height and those steps!!! Yum I!
Wow- and love the band that u are choosing to go with it. My favorite eternity.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a fabulous story! It did make me chuckle! And the ring is perfect - congratulations!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

It is beautiful, congrats!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock

I've been looking forward to seeing the finished product since seeing your thread in LIW! Love, love, love Octavia's and love your setting. This ring is perfection. Congratulations!

ManhattanLawyer

Shiny_Rock

What a great proposal and gorgeous ring! We love otters, too!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

That proposal is Otterly adorable!!! :appl: :appl:

I love your ring! He did a great job! I've always told SO that Octavias and Asschers remind me of ripples in water, perhaps that is something that will also remind you of your love! So excited for you!!!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

Aw! Your story is so sweet! Congrats on your engagement!! Your ring is beautiful and where he proposed is adorable! Otters are the cutest!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Love, love, love your ring!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: The Octavia is stunning and that setting is perfect for it :appl: And what a cute proposal story! Congrats :appl:

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock

I have heard a lot of proposal stories, but I must say, this one is the SWEETEST one! From the pun (I LOVE PUNS) to the clam shell to that beautiful ring... my, my! What a perfect proposal! Congratulations! Your ring is amazing!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

G's proposal sounds otterly adorable ::) and your ring is GORGEOUS!!!! We already knew the stone is a supermodel, now she's *home* - the setting is beautiful! And I'm honestly surprised by how much difference the slightly squared-off prongs make...

I'm jealous of anyone who gets to see this in-person before I do!!
(You're coming to the next PS GTG in Vegas, right? :bigsmile: )

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for posting a video! I love how sleek that setting is. Compliments the stone so perfectly! :appl:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful, beautiful pics! Ring, aquarium, and otters included. Congratulations :appl:

So glad to see another stunning Octavia!

crj128

Rough_Rock

LOVE the propsal! & the ring! Congrats!!! :D

princessfeedme

Shiny_Rock

Cygnet, the finished ring is just magnificent! So happy for you and congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl:

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock

Otterly beautiful! Congrats.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Awwwwww. What an adorable proposal!

The diamond and setting are AMAZING! :love: They compliment each other perfectly. I love your wedding band choice too!

Congratulations on your engagement and beautiful rings!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Check it out - your amazing ring is Jewel of the Week! :appl: Congrats, it's very well-deserved!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

What a cute proposal story! :appl:

But, more importantly, what an absolutely GORGEOUS ring! I thought I spied some carre cuts in the setting. :naughty: It's absolutely divine! :love: And I love the carre band that you've chosen. That is going to be one spectacular set, young lady! Enjoy and congrats!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Loved the proposal story and that ring...AMAZING!!!! :love: :love: :love: Just gorgeous@@@

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results