shape
carat
color
clarity

Oscars 2021 - where are the necklaces?!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Just been scanning through the Oscar pics. Tons of gowns with plunging necklines or strapless but a material dearth of neck bling. What’s that all about?! I’d have been sending the assistants scurrying off to Chopard and HW to borrow the biggest sparkliest drop diamond necklace in the shop if I were these ladies.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF recently bought up all the diamonds in America over 5 ct.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a material dearth of neck bling.

Was thinking the same thing! Maybe it's a one-year hiatus -- not the most celebratory year between COVID and BLM. Even the venue had an airport seminar vibe.

But it seemed like there were some nice pieces at the Grammys...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just trawled through the photos on CNN, and I could see a few necklaces.

However, I am surprised not to see one on Halle Berry though as her outfit screams for a significant necklace!

As for the venue, I've been to the Union Station as part of my tour of notable landmarks of LA in 2016, so pleased to have visited this iconic building.

DK :))

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I would have plonked some diamond around all of these necks. If you can’t crack out the bling at the Oscars when can you?! Although there were so few “celebs” to gawp at this year. Disappointing really.
5949F370-F3B0-4B56-A66F-21F61C5E1E75.jpeg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I didn't watch and didn't really look at pictures, but I think part of it is that award shows are just a dying genre.

There may be less interest in jewelers giving/loaning their pieces out for such things, because it just doesn't give any sort of sales or publicity increase, because people are not watching.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zendaya did it best.
https://people.com/style/zendaya-outfit-details-oscars-2021/

Maria Bakalova, diamond necklace, scroll down to see her ring

Tiara Thomas, zippered diamond lariat

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Way too subtle then

Spouse and I literally stared at Zendaya presenting, guessed who she was (incorrectly), Googled who she was -- and I still did not notice the $6 million in Bulgari diamonds with a 6-ct vivid yellow pendant?!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Clearly I missed a bunch :oops2:

The only person I recognize on this list is Angela Bassett.

The lady named Vanessa Kirby (who I've never heard of) has naked ears. She's wearing this amazing necklace, but zero on her ears AND you can see her piercing holes! I think that looks weird. At least pop in some understated diamond studs. Empty holes just look like she forgot to wear earrings.

Last edited:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Tough crowd.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results