shape
carat
color
clarity

Origin of Strawberry Quartz?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ger100

Shiny_Rock
I recently got a Strawberry Quart bracelet. It has 16 stones, about 53ctw. It shows very fine, sparkly pinky-red lines. It is much finer than this one on another discussion:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/strawberry-quartz-from-barry-set-by-treanelli-on-etsy.115969/

I see pretty much only the irridescent very fine red lines with a 10x loupe. Can anyone tell me the origin of this type of Strawberry Quartz. AND, what are the needles composed of? I've seen Lepidocrosite, Hematite and Goethite mentioned in my online search. Which is correct?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Any of them may be correct. Stra
Date: 12/14/2009 5:42:28 PM
Author:ger100
I recently got a Strawberry Quart bracelet. It has 16 stones, about 53ctw. It shows very fine, sparkly pinky-red lines. It is much finer than this one on another discussion:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/strawberry-quartz-from-barry-set-by-treanelli-on-etsy.115969/

I see pretty much only the irridescent very fine red lines with a 10x loupe. Can anyone tell me the origin of this type of Strawberry Quartz. AND, what are the needles composed of? I''ve seen Lepidocrosite, Hematite and Goethite mentioned in my online search. Which is correct?
wberry quartz is not a gemological term and it is slapped on any quartz with red platelet inclusions (such as all three of the ones you posted). Since the term is so vague, there are many places where strawberry quartz of sme sort is mined.

Do you mind sharing pictures? I love inclusions.

ger100

Shiny_Rock
close-up of a few stones

Straw Qrtz sml   2.jpg

ger100

Shiny_Rock
I''m not good on gem photography, but this one shows the sparkly aspect of the stones.

Straw close nice 1.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a cool looking bracelet. Do you have a wrist shot? Very neat looking stones. TFS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results