shape
carat
color
clarity

Organic Apple Juice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Is organic apple juice supposed to look thick & dark? I bought some yesterday for the first time and I just cant get myself to drink it because it doesnt look like regular apple juice. Since I havent bought/drank it before I dont know if it is supposed to look like that.

amyg

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like Apple Cider to me, which when straight from the grower will deffinitely have a caramel color and be a thicker liquid...and it is sooooooo good...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely sounds like apple cider....which I love 1000000X better than apple juice. Talk about YUM.
18.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, sound like apple cider. I buy organic apple juice for my kids and it looks like regular apple juice.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
yeah, apple cider.... Just taste it and see?

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I have never tasted apple cider
33.gif
I researched online & found out that it is cloudy because it''s unfiltered.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 5:30:47 PM
Author: VegasAngel
33.gif
thats what i thought too, i have seen those cloudy ones at the store and always was kinda like ''whaaaa?''.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 2:15:38 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Definitely sounds like apple cider....which I love 1000000X better than apple juice. Talk about YUM.
18.gif
I 1000000000x agree :}
35.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 5:30:47 PM
Author: VegasAngel
33.gif
OMG go drink it right now!!! It''s seriously like drinking an apple. Only way better. It''s SO GOOD!!!

Strm''s with me on this one.
emthup.gif
It''ll make you never want just apple juice again.

amyg

Shiny_Rock
Soooooo did you try it yet VA?????? We want to know what you think about it!!!! I lurv it!!!!!!!! You have to at least try it and let know what you think....

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I havent tried apple cider yet but I definitely will. What I would like to try is hot apple cider. I have visions of sitting by the the fireplace all nice and warm with some hot apple cider (Or hot chocolate) & I dont even know what it tastes like
9.gif
. Searching online I found some cider recipes that look good.

My organic apple juice tastes like regular apple juice, it just looks unappealing. I didnt want to drink it until I made sure it was supposed to look cloudy you know? I didnt look at when I bought it just looked for organic, found it & threw it in the cart. When I got home I was like dang did I but some expired apple juice or is this the way it's supposed to look. One nasty thing the same shopping trip was when I grabbed a container of leaking rice milk off the shelf. man, it was spoiled and leaked all over my hands and clothes omg it smelled awful. Why is it that grocery stores have spoiled, damaged items on shelves? I have found items that expired 2 months prior, soooo nasty.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the summertime I typically buy little tiny bottles of apple cider from the farmers markets and enjoy that every once in awhile. During the winter, usually for my Christmas tree trimming party I''ll buy a couple of quarts and steep them with mulling spices in my big crockpot. Always a huge hit. I usually buy the mulling spices from the grocery store, but the one at Williams-Sonoma is yummy. They may only sell it from Halloween to Christmas but they usually have it brewing in the store at that time, and I always grab a little cup. Delish!! Still, apple cider is SO GOOD in the summer, ice cold from the fridge without a thing added.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love making hot apple cider in the winter especially for parties....i actually buy the big jug of martinellis apple cider and then boil it up in a pot with some mulling spices wrapped in that netting stuff (the name of which is eluding me now), i think i put anise, cinammon, orange slices and some nutmeg. and then served in a mug with a cinammon stick. SO GOOD. i don''t like drinking regular cider or juice now after having had the steaming hot mug in winter.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2006 3:12:05 PM
Author: Mara
i love making hot apple cider in the winter especially for parties....i actually buy the big jug of martinellis apple cider and then boil it up in a pot with some mulling spices wrapped in that netting stuff (the name of which is eluding me now), i think i put anise, cinammon, orange slices and some nutmeg. and then served in a mug with a cinammon stick. SO GOOD. i don''t like drinking regular cider or juice now after having had the steaming hot mug in winter.
cheesecloth. me too (that''s what i use).
2.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is also filtered and unfiltered organic...........unfiltered is obviously going to be cloudier and darker.

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results