shape
carat
color
clarity

ORDERING TIME...FOR REAL! PRINCESS CUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
28.gif
Well I have the funds to order the ring today!! If you forgot here are the specs...

Carat: 0.49
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Lab: GIA
Depth: 72.7
Table: 73
Polish: EX
Sym: VG
Flr: None
Measurements: 4.39x4.25x3.09

It''s going to be set in a 14K White Gold Elegant setting.

They said it should only take a couple of days to set and then they will overnight it. James Allen has been amazing in communicating back and forth and if any of you are still looking I would *HIGHLY* *HIGHLY* *HIGHLY* recommend them.

So incase any of you didn''t see on the other message board, here''s how the proposal is going to go down....

We are going to Chicago to see a Cubs game for her birthday present. I have had the tickets since they went on sale and I said hey what the heck I could propose that day. So we''re going to check into our hotel (which is only 7 blocks from Wrigley) and then head down to the El station. We''re going to take the train to downtown and head to Navy Pier. There is a store there that does charicatures or I have the e-mail of someone who would meet us there and charge $50 to draw a charicature of us. I already talked to the lady who is willing to meet us there and told her how I wanted the charicature to look. I am going to have her draw us like they normally do but instead of drawing us exactly how we are posing, I want her to draw me proposing to her and so then when we get up I will go straight to my knee behind her back and when she gets up to look at it and sees it she''ll turn around and see me on my knee and be like HOLY CRAP! She knows it''s coming but I figure this way I could probably catch her off guard. Then we''ll probably do a ton of hugging and kissing and hopefully I could somehow get the lady to take a picture of us and stuff. I''m thinking about talking to the lady and tell her to say that she always takes a picture of the people she draws before they see it so like she could draw it and then take our picture where we''re behidn it and haven''t seen it yet so that way she could take pictures while I''m proposing and stuff. After that we''re going to go to Gino''s East and eat some SWEEEEET pizza and then hop back on the El and head back to the hotel to take back our leftovers and get ready for the game. Then hopefully we''ll head to the game to watch the Cubs win.....

What do you guys think?
36.gif
I''m pretty excited about the whole day and I still have to wait 21 days. She''s gone in MI so I''m going to miss her a ton and then see her and propose....it''s going to be AMAZING :)

8975566.jpeg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
whew, /finally./ I''d be looking at JA stones and I''d keep seeing yours still there, and I wondered what the hold up was.

Proposal plan sounds fantastic.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another picture that I thought showed how nice the diamond is....

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
does the diamond look a ton different in color in the two pictures? Is that normal? i just now noticed that.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t see picture.
7.gif

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
neither of them? What''s your e-mail and i''ll send them to you

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, we aren''t allowed to post email addresses.

I would expect the "color" image to look quite a bit different (and hopefully, it''s for the better!) It can be so boring looking at darkfield, IS, H&A pictures...I want to see some fire, darn it!

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
i didn''t even think about posting e-mail addresses.....i can understand though....it just looks a little yellowish to me...but it might just be the picture...it is an "F" so it should be colorless correct?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, F is colorless.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Cubs game???? You''re going to a Cubs game?????
23.gif
(Just kidding!)

Your proposal sounds great!

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock

Above is (should be) the picture they e-mailed to me and below is (should be) the one that is on their website....do you think they look a little different? Could it just be the lighting of the two different times or something?

8975566.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps you could save the email image to your hard drive and then use the attach file button on the left of a reply to post.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
well one of the files is a .bmp or whatever....so i think that''s the problem...i''m on my computer at work which doesn''t have any picture editing software....but i could put it on like my xanga or something and send you the link coudln''t i? lol

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
woah..that would have been bad.....i forgot she gets e-mails whenever i post on xanga...i''ll hafta create a new account

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
let me knwo if this works.......

http://www.xanga.com/private/yourhome.aspx?user=ringpics32

To me the top one looks yellow compared to the bottom one...is it because it is zoomed in a ton on it probably by a machine or something and the bottom pic is a pic of the actual stone at eye view or something? I mean i can understand if the ring looks yellow if it''s under high magnification

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
facebook?
3.gif
kidding...

the xanga doesn't link correctly...it goes to mine.
7.gif

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
you have facebook too? I could do that

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
upload the picture on facebook, which I know takes gif and 4 MB so shouldn''t be a problem. no email to gf. then post link to picture.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ah, yes. I see. That''s not a problem. the second picture looks blue/grey, and I certainly don''t expect your stone to be blue/grey.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
do you think it''s jsut the lighting or something?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lighting, direction of lighting... probably different lighting because in the first picture, the center is black. In the second picture, the center is white.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
but the stone is still going to be amazingly awesome correct?
26.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew, well, I certainly hope so!

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
i just hadn''t compared the pictures side by side...and i saw that and i was like ummmmm WHAT THE HECK!?!?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
unless one of the pictures is distorted somehow, that is not the same diamond. the email pic is quite square whereas the site pic is rectangular.

either way...i know you''ll love the diamond. the ''f'' color is going to be whiter than white!
3.gif

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
well when i put the pics on there one was HUGE so i shrunk it down and must not have done it perportionately.....i mean so far JA has been amazing...i''m sure they woudln''t screw me over at the last second Julie what school do you go to to have facebook?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UCLA

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
Bruins eh? I go to a small school called Olivet Nazarene University ''08....just type in Fry and you''ll find me if you want to add me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results