shape
carat
color
clarity

Ordered double strand soufflé necklace:

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love the rainbows on them!!!!! They are so unique. They look heavy too. I mean that in a good way, I like weighty pieces.. Congrats!!!

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
ok, and I just learned these are light and not heavy at all, lol. So scratch that. :oops:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Jenncent -- that's the great thing about soufflés. They are hollow. But the nacre must be very thick because they feel substantial and not delicate. I can not believe how glossy, shiny, metallic and filled with rainbows they are. They are crazy crazy pearls!

Misskittycat -- I can hardly wait to see yours!

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I just learned of these and now they are made. Fascinating!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
They look so lovely on and those metallic drops are stunning with it :appl: :appl: :love: :love: Still no word on your CC pearls?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Lit geek-- thanks!

Unfortunately, there is no news on the CC sets. I'll keep the forum posted.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1374193599|3485855 said:
The soufflé double strand is light, glossy, smooth and insanely metallic and rainbow-y. I have styled them twisted. I think they look and hang much better that way. If anyone is on the fence on buying the last strands, I'd say go for it -- especially with PP's generous return policy.

The white metallic drop earrings are sweet and go well with the soufflés:

Lovely! :appl: :appl:

So tempted.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
icy jade -- join me! There are two left. I adore your collection and would be honored to have an overlapping piece...

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I think pearls are simply wonders of nature-more than any other gem. They're made by a LIVING CREATURE for crying out loud! SO fascinating, all of them. But the souffle pearl is especially mind boggling.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1374237338|3486099 said:
icy jade -- join me! There are two left. I adore your collection and would be honored to have an overlapping piece...

Thanks! But my new tahitians really wiped out my pearl budget. ;( :nono: :((
So I am forced to be good and admire your pearls instead. This is painful man... :sick:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
icy jade -- I totally understand and admire your self-restraint. There are always more pearls!

mrs Taylor -- can you imagine how large that creature must be to make such huge pearls! I wonder how many years it takes to form these luscious soufflés.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1374238552|3486109 said:
icy jade -- I totally understand and admire your self-restraint. There are always more pearls!

mrs Taylor -- can you imagine how large that creature must be to make such huge pearls! I wonder how many years it takes to form these luscious soufflés.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the production of ALL pearls, let alone these big old monsters! (my ripples included!) It's truly beyond my ability to grasp. I have been reading a lot about it and have to say my head is just spinning!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
So at dinner tonight hubby asks, are those new pearls? Yes, I respond. Do you like them? How much were they? That's not the question to ask, I say. Do you like them? I guess so...they're like Wilma Flinstone pearls. Icy jade beat you to that one, I say! (Then I had to explain that icy jade was my pearl forum sister... a step above an imaginary friend, I guess...). With a yellow dress tonight:

_8132.jpg

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
LOL, they look lovely with that dress. :)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Stunning pearls. I really enjoying seeing those.

It sure would be nice if the forum would load the photos upright, but I'm finding that tipping my head sideways to see the pearls helps me to exercise my neck side stretches. :twirl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I'm away from my computer for 5 weeks (3 to go) and for some reason I can't get the pictures to post properly from my iPad no matter how I fuss. I apologize to everyone. Very annoying because they are saved in the right position. I even tried compensating and saving them sideways, but they still post sideways.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Those souffles look fantabulous on you bsomlo. I am still trying to work out how to try and distract the Mr when the Fedex guy arrives tomorrow... I don't have much hope, to be honest....

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Tee hee. Mine arrived a day early and the day before hubby. I was lucky to be able to obsess and style before his arrival. Keep us posted, misskittycat!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I am sure everyone was staring at those gorgeous pearls around your neck! Haha, I am cracking up over your conversation with your hubby. We have very similar conversations here :lol: My hubby is now refusing to give me his opinions on pearls online because "if I tell you I like it or which one to choose you will order it"...well, he is is correct. Lucky for me, my sweet daughter is more than happy to give me her opinions and she definitely has better taste in jewelry than DH.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
HA!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I've been reading up on soufflés and it is fascinating. After creating a traditional pearl, the mussel is re-nucleated with a sun-dried ball of pond muck. After two plus years the pearl is drilled and the stinky muck is washed out leaving a thick hollow nacre shell. So clever!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1374413996|3487180 said:
I've been reading up on soufflés and it is fascinating. After creating a traditional pearl, the mussel is re-nucleated with a sun-dried ball of pond muck. After two plus years the pearl is drilled and the stinky muck is washed out leaving a thick hollow nacre shell. So clever!

It really is.

I don't envy the people that have to drill and extract though. :???:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!!

My pearls arrived this morning while Mr K was out on his run. I didn't even have to make up an excuse about what it was as he wasn't here!!

WOW.

That is all.

PS: I can't wait for my business to get off the ground. Then every delivery will be explainable. "Oh, that's for THE BUSINESS..." says Miss Kitty....

:appl:

I am so clever.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I love the way you think!

Now where are the photos?!!?

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
misskittycat|1374473999|3487553 said:
ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!!

My pearls arrived this morning while Mr K was out on his run. I didn't even have to make up an excuse about what it was as he wasn't here!!

WOW.

That is all.

PS: I can't wait for my business to get off the ground. Then every delivery will be explainable. "Oh, that's for THE BUSINESS..." says Miss Kitty....

:appl:

I am so clever.

Haha, lucky you! Photos, we need lots of photos! I am still on the edge of my seat wondering about your SoC pearls!!! :?: :?: :?:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
You have the gall to share that my cotton candy monster's distant cousin has arrived WITHOUT SHARING PICTURES?!

But seriously. What's your first reaction?

I thought they were smaller and heavier than I'd imagined (neither of these being negatives) and extremely thick-nacred.

Details, lots of them, and pictures, please.

c langston

Shiny_Rock
OMG those are just incredible, light weight and substantial all at the same time with luster to drool over.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1374500346|3487637 said:
You have the gall to share that my cotton candy monster's distant cousin has arrived WITHOUT SHARING PICTURES?!

But seriously. What's your first reaction?

I thought they were smaller and heavier than I'd imagined (neither of these being negatives) and extremely thick-nacred.

Details, lots of them, and pictures, please.

Ha hah... Unfortunately Mr K arrived home about 5 minutes after the pearls made their grand entrance so they got shoved (placed delicately in their box) at the back of a drawer...

I thought they were smaller than I imagined too, but after my Wilma's that I got for Mother's Day EVERYTHING looks small. They actually look to be a great size when they are on, though, and I imagine they are going to be really easy to wear. I have wanted a long rope of large pearls for ages so this has ticked something on the grail list for sure. Kim said I could return them if I wanted (standard PP returns policy) but there is no way these babies are going back!!

The 35in strand is about half the weight of my 18in Wilmas. I was really surprised how light they were. I am thrilled with the orient and luster. Lots of lovely pink and rainbow tones and they match perfectly with my Wilmas so I can, if I want to Bling the heck out, wear them all together!! I also think that they seem a little flatter than I imagined? More button like? I was imagining they would be fatter.

I will take photos this afternoon when my daughter goes for her nap.

As for the SoC pearls, they do not seem to photograph very well. They are very pretty in real life, but not in pictures. Maybe it's just me, the photographer ;-)

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Thread is up!! Enjoy the photos!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1374372745|3487035 said:
So at dinner tonight hubby asks, are those new pearls? Yes, I respond. Do you like them? How much were they? That's not the question to ask, I say. Do you like them? I guess so...they're like Wilma Flinstone pearls. Icy jade beat you to that one, I say! (Then I had to explain that icy jade was my pearl forum sister... a step above an imaginary friend, I guess...). With a yellow dress tonight:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That made me laugh out loud. I quite like the idea of being an imaginary friend actually. I now feel very mysterious. Haha.

My hubby thinks big pearls are for taitai's (aka a local colloquial term for a wealthy married woman who does not work, and usually spend their time at tea and gossiping (I think)), so I can only imagine his reaction if I get soufflés. I think your hubby did quite well! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results