shape
carat
color
clarity

Orange Spessartite guidance

GunnerM

Rough_Rock
GregS|1369510682|3453725 said:
I like the color of the sapphire, too bad it has cut issues...

AAAAAgghhhh....what now?

GunnerM

Rough_Rock
minousbijoux|1369516415|3453758 said:
Have you shared with us the level of sapphire treatment that would be acceptable to you? That will help a lot. As I said in an earlier post, the vast majority of bright orange sapphires will have been by lattice/Berylium diffusion. If you are willing to accept a sapphire with this level of treatment, you will have more options and the stone will cost significantly less than one with no heat or heat only as treatment.

movie zombie|1369511141|3453730 said:
eliminating a "window" is pricey........regardless of stone type.
taking my rings off when I get home is easy-peasy. putting them on when I leave is usually easy as well. the only ring I wear 24/7 and even when gardening is my 18k gold 2mm wedding band.
take care with a sapphire.
understand the differences in treatments.

I think there is a lot more dishonest representations happening with sapphire, especially the non-blue types.
good luck!

First of all, I appreciate everyone's patience....In the past, most sites that are a "forum" looking to help are not as helpful or forgiving of ignorance...

Ok...minousbijoux, I want something as natural as positive so if someone asks her, "has it been treated....blah, blah, blah, if so, what kind"...minimal or the best type....

...movie zombie, bottom line...she is very careless...so I do not believe I can entrust her with actually taking care of it....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Untreated orange sapphire it is then. What a tall order since most untreated ones are not that nice looking...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
not to mention price.......

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1369798892|3455500 said:
not to mention price.......

Yes, definitely that too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results