shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

calbear05

Rough_Rock
So I went to the Gift Center in San Francisco today and found a great paid of diamond stud earrings and would like to know if this is a good deal:

2.02 ctw
F-G Color
SI2 - SI3 Clarity
$4200

It seems that all stores there are asking for ~$4500-6000 for 2ctw, depending on color and clarity. I''ve consistently found 1.5ctw G color and SI2 clarity for $3000 so does it seem right that an additional $1200 will get me up to the 2ct range? Just want to make sure that its possible for such a deal to exist. I know it sounds too good to be true but going to Blue Nile and White Flash, its only $2-300 more. Could I just have been lucky? They offer a no hassle 30 day return policy and I can upgrade anytime.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
''si3'' quality guarantees that you are not getting gia or ags graded stones, so keep that in mind when comparing prices.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Adding to Belle's comment, an SI3 is an I1 by GIA or AGS. Just keep that in mind too. But since they are earrings, the clarity doesn't need to be perfectly eye clean for most people.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2006 10:21:38 PM
Author:calbear05
So I went to the Gift Center in San Francisco today and found a great paid of diamond stud earrings and would like to know if this is a good deal:

2.02 ctw
F-G Color
SI2 - SI3 Clarity
$4200

It seems that all stores there are asking for ~$4500-6000 for 2ctw, depending on color and clarity. I''ve consistently found 1.5ctw G color and SI2 clarity for $3000 so does it seem right that an additional $1200 will get me up to the 2ct range? Just want to make sure that its possible for such a deal to exist. I know it sounds too good to be true but going to Blue Nile and White Flash, its only $2-300 more. Could I just have been lucky? They offer a no hassle 30 day return policy and I can upgrade anytime.
i''m sure it is possible!!! it just not possible for correctly graded and well cut stones at these price.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results