shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions- Whiteflash vs. GOG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

seeker78

Rough_Rock
I realize this is a subjective question, which is why I would like OPINIONS... Which one of these two places do you experts think have the better cut stones, and why? I would like to get some specific reccomendations for a stone as well...Price: 4 to 5 thousand... around .80 ct, round superideal, extremely good performers. Thanks.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
they both offer well cut stones. 4-5k is a healthy budget for a .8
put your desired specs into the ''pricescope your diamond'' search and select ''cut quality'' you can expand your search and find all that''s available in that size as well. there are some very nice stones out there! best of luck to you.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
In the size you are looking for, I think both are excellent choices. You will not go wrong with either one.
One advantage of Whiteflash is that they have 100% trade in value if you decide to upgrade.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Well, first of all, you could probably get an ideal cut .8 for less than that unless you want a really high color and clarity. The diamond I just picked out is .83 ct. ideal cut for $2800. And though I''ve never dealt with either (yet), I really like how GOG has so much information on all their stones, so I''d probably go with them. Though, its my understanding that if you want a custom piece, WF is the way to go.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 9:14:23 AM
Author:seeker78
I realize this is a subjective question, which is why I would like OPINIONS... Which one of these two places do you experts think have the better cut stones, and why? I would like to get some specific reccomendations for a stone as well...Price: 4 to 5 thousand... around .80 ct, round superideal, extremely good performers. Thanks.
I don''t think the cut quality of one is better than the other; both are comparable. I think WF''s advantage is their inventory--much more extensive and offers more choices.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Check out the brilliancescope report on this one...wow! And it's under your budget.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_84ct_h_si2_h%26a.htm

Or, if you want to go bigger:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-2045522.htm#

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 9:26:47 AM
Author: belle
they both offer well cut stones. 4-5k is a healthy budget for a .8
put your desired specs into the ''pricescope your diamond'' search and select ''cut quality'' you can expand your search and find all that''s available in that size as well. there are some very nice stones out there! best of luck to you.
Is that the best price you can get? That''s kind of expensive. What about this one?

http://whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-2107681.htm

http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_833ct_h_vs1_h%26a.htm

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi folks,

Sorry I haven''t been around much lately as we''re working feverishly on completing the new site. I see quite a few threads I''d love to offer my professional input on but thought I''d clarify one thing in this thread regarding our policies.

Date: 2/8/2006 9:27:03 AM
Author: solange
In the size you are looking for, I think both are excellent choices. You will not go wrong with either one.
One advantage of Whiteflash is that they have 100% trade in value if you decide to upgrade.
We also offer trade-up as well as buy back policies. The trade up is for full purchase price and there are no time restraints as well.

Hope to be back and participating soon.

Kind regards,
Jonathan

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
GOG is definitely better.... no wait WF is definitely better.... no GOG, no WF

Seriously, I would say call them both and go with the one that has a stone that most closely matches your specs for size, color, clarity, etc and the person that you feel more comfortable dealing with.

You will not go wrong choosing either one.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
I''m more of a lurker than a poster, but I just wanted to say that I''m a huge GOG fan.

I bought my three stone Jubilee/Square Hearts & Arrows ring from Good Old Gold (yes, yes, I will post pictures and the story soon!
2.gif
'');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
2.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif" width="15 border=0">) and had such a positive experience. They went above and beyond to help me create the ring of my dreams and now can count me as a lifelong customer. They can also get a stone(s) with your specifications if they don''t have something in their current inventory that fits the bill. That''s how I built my ring.
36.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
36.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/36.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">
That''s my two cents, anyway. Hope that helps.
35.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
35.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/35.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who is the better one? Whoever has the stone you want of course!!

Both are great and neither one carries ''better'' stones than the other, it''s all about the inventory in-house at the time. WF does have a branded H&A line and GOG''s are not branded, but to me that doesn''t really make a difference unless you want to pay for a brand or really want a branded stone.

Otherwise for me it would be inventory. Good luck!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 12:45:16 PM
Author: Rhino

We also offer trade-up as well as buy back policies. The trade up is for full purchase price and there are no time restraints as well.
In the interest full disclosure, it should be noted that WF's trade-up policy does not include any requirements for trade-up purchase value.

GOG's trade-up policy requires the trade-up purchase to be at least $500 than the original purchase.

"At any time you can trade in the diamond you purchased from Good Old Gold and get exactly what you paid (less the cost of shipping) toward a diamond of at least a $500.greater value than your past purchase."

In your case, Seeker, a trade-up you'd consider might easily meet this restriction, but it's important for you to know it up front.
1.gif

Mara's totally right, though......it's all about who most closely has what you want. On any given day, I'd buy from most of the PS vendors. I've bought from WF, from Wink, and from third vendor, and all were top shelf. The primary decision driver in each case was inventory....whichever had the stone that most closely matched my specifications/pricing requirements.

dhog

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 1:52:14 PM
Author: aljdewey
Date: 2/8/2006 12:45:16 PM

Author: Rhino

In the interest full disclosure, it should be noted that WF''s trade-up policy does not include any requirements for trade-up purchase value.

GOG''s trade-up policy requires the trade-up purchase to be at least $500 than the original purchase.

''At any time you can trade in the diamond you purchased from Good Old Gold and get exactly what you paid (less the cost of shipping) toward a diamond of at least a $500.greater value than your past purchase.''

In your case, Seeker, a trade-up you''d consider might easily meet this restriction, but it''s important for you to know it up front.
1.gif

Mara''s totally right, though......it''s all about who most closely has what you want. On any given day, I''d buy from most of the PS vendors. I''ve bought from WF, from Wink, and from third vendor, and all were top shelf. The primary decision driver in each case was inventory....whichever had the stone that most closely matched my specifications/pricing requirements.

HMMM What happened to the statement in WF lifetime tradeup
that said "Trade ''up'' implies moving ''up'' in at least 2 of 3
criteria: Carat weight(next size category),Color and Clarity."
2.gif

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do you really care which of the mountains in the Himalaya is the highest, if most of your other options are in the Rocky Mountains at best?

Live long,

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 2:16:24 PM
Author: dhog

that said ''Trade ''up'' implies moving ''up'' in at least 2 of 3
criteria: Carat weight(next size category),Color and Clarity.''
2.gif
Actually, I remember the thread you''re referring to. If I recall correctly, didn''t John Q come into that thread and say that their web guys erroneously the put info up prematurely and that it wouldn''t stand because it would impact too many of their repeat customers?

dhog

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 3:39:52 PM
Date: 2/8/2006 2:16:24 PM

that said ''Trade ''up'' implies moving ''up'' in at least 2 of 3

criteria: Carat weight(next size category),Color and Clarity.''
2.gif

Actually, I remember the thread you''re referring to. If I recall correctly, didn''t John Q come into that thread and say that their web guys erroneously the put info up prematurely and that it wouldn''t stand because it would impact too many of their repeat customers?
I do have a copy that was printed from the web,but you are correct
that it has been changed.It was up on jan 20 2006 but is gone now.

My wife filed it with her whiteflash papers in the safe. HMMM?? I sure hope she is not looking to do a upgrade.
1.gif
1.gif

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
I am definitly one vote for GOG. Jon knows how much I hounded him to get after a specific size color and clarity. Since christmas, suppliers were limited on what they had left and he had trouble threading the needle, so to speak, on finding the stone i had in mind. He finally came through for me (thanks dude) and its coming tomorrow! bottom line, i just recieved more helpful insight, service, and commitment to finding the stone i wanted than anywhere else--not to put down WF, i always hear great stories them, but Jon and GOG will always get my vote and business in the future!
10.gif

Dan

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

Date: 2/8/2006 3:52:16 PM

Date: 2/8/2006 3:39:52 PM

I do have a copy that was printed from the web,but you are correct
that it has been changed.It was up on jan 20 2006 but is gone now.

My wife filed it with her whiteflash papers in the safe. HMMM?? I sure hope she is not looking to do a upgrade.
1.gif
1.gif
LOL. Dhog, this is no secret, but I think MANY might ''secret'' that info away - in their minds if not in the vault.

Aljdewey recalls it correctly: Our web people had that up without it being final, it''s not so limiting as that. The policy now on the site is correct. The thread she referred to (here) has relevent discussion - and was helpful with clarifying the policy.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i have purchase from both vendors. GOG and WF is what i call "top ideal cut" vendors
36.gif
36.gif

ETA; if you want full information on a stone,specs,photos,etc,etc....nobody beats GOG.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 3:53:10 PM
Author: Daniel B
I am definitly one vote for GOG. Jon knows how much I hounded him to get after a specific size color and clarity. Since christmas, suppliers were limited on what they had left and he had trouble threading the needle, so to speak, on finding the stone i had in mind. He finally came through for me (thanks dude) and its coming tomorrow! bottom line, i just recieved more helpful insight, service, and commitment to finding the stone i wanted than anywhere else--not to put down WF, i always hear great stories them, but Jon and GOG will always get my vote and business in the future!
10.gif

Dan
Congratulations! The ultimate win is when a consumer finds the vendor that''s the right fit for him, and it sounds like you have.
2.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
WF verus GOG?

That''s like Muhammed Ali versus Joe Frazier. Or vica-versa.

The two of them are poetry in motion. Like the "Thrilla in Manila" they could beat each other senseless, and it would be a thing of beauty to watch. Neither yielding, always advancing...

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
All I can do is ditto what others have said...both WF and GOG are great. I purchased from GOG because of their ability to go beyond the call of duty for me and then some, but I feel confidant that WF would also come through from what I hear. It really is the vendor who not only comes through for you, but also the customer service, the no-pressure attitude, and overall pleasent experience that is the ticket. It''s truly not one over the other.

I know for me, GOG came through and continues to do so even now after the sale. I emailed Tim the other day and he was swift and informative with his response. THAT is unconditional customer service that keeps customers loyal and coming back for more. No doubt that if WF or others have that kind of policy in motion they have returning customers who are more than thrilled to do more business with them.

Definitely check out both. Tell them exactly what you are in search of and go from there. Don''t let others persuade you towards one over the other, but find out for yourself and you will be quite satisfied with your choice...The more info you give them, the better they can serve you and respect your wishes...

Best of luck in your search!
emthup.gif

paulsiu

Rough_Rock
I haven''t had experiences with WhiteFlash, but I did purchase my diamond from GOG simply because they were in my neck of the woods (I could drive to Long Island, but not Houston).

I must say that GOG had one of the best service ever. Their rep are way more knowledgable than all of the reps I have dealt with. They''re nice and not hard sell folks.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results