shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions Wanted on 3 stone Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FutureMrsC

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I was curious of what others thought of the proportions on a ring similiar to the pictuture I''ve attached.

I was thinking a 1ct center and .25ct rounds on the sides. I want the center stone to be the focus and the sides to be nice little accents, set close and turned out slightly... but I wonder if there will be enough size difference with a 1ct center stone to achieve that.

Thank you for your opinions!

Ring3proportionsize.jpg

~*ice is nice*~

Rough_Rock
I was also thinking of a 1ct with .20ct sidestones for the same reasons...Is the pic you posted with .25cts? They seem a little smaller to me. I think there is a post somewhere that shows the 1.5ct centre with different sized side stones, but I''m not sure where it is...

FutureMrsC

Rough_Rock
I stole the picture for ideas from a pre-made ring (not diamond) that comes in 4 sizes and I''m not certain which is shown in the pic.

With 4mm sides it could be a 6.5mm center, 7mm center or 7.5mm center or with 4.5mm sides a 8mm center(probably not though if you are thinking the sides look smaller than .25 ct).

I was thinking a colored stone for the center like pink saphire with diamond side accents would be very beautiful. Here''s a side view of the same ring.

Ring3proportionsize2.jpg

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 8:00:00 AM
Author: FutureMrsC
I stole the picture for ideas from a pre-made ring (not diamond) that comes in 4 sizes and I''m not certain which is shown in the pic.

With 4mm sides it could be a 6.5mm center, 7mm center or 7.5mm center or with 4.5mm sides a 8mm center(probably not though if you are thinking the sides look smaller than .25 ct).

I was thinking a colored stone for the center like pink saphire with diamond side accents would be very beautiful. Here''s a side view of the same ring.
I am not a big fan of the 3 stone ring..yea I know everyone loves them, you see sooo many. I do like this style better with the side stones turned.Gives it a little different look. I think that would accent the larger stone very well!

Connie

~*ice is nice*~

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 8:00:00 AM
Author: FutureMrsC
I stole the picture for ideas from a pre-made ring (not diamond) that comes in 4 sizes and I'm not certain which is shown in the pic.

I was thinking a colored stone for the center like pink saphire with diamond side accents would be very beautiful. Here's a side view of the same ring.
FutureMrsC,
They look small to me in relation to the centre stone, If the centre was 1.5ct they could be .25ct sides. Have you looked in the coloured stones eyecandy folder for ideas of what you want for a centre stone? Link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/colored-stone-e-rings-eyecandy.29435/

Conitta,
I do agree, there are a lot of 3 stone rings, but not as much as solitaires! And where I'm from, a 1ct ring is considered large, and rings with sidestones are unique!! :) I also think that the pink Sapphire will make it an original. But I can understand if yer not a fan. :)

Oh, if you're wondering why I am misspelling centre and colour, I'm CANADIAN
31.gif

~*ice is nice*~

Rough_Rock
Found these 2 pics, the first with approx 0.125ct sides and the second with 0.312ct sides...

104ctcentrewithover025ctw_onhand.jpg

~*ice is nice*~

Rough_Rock
and the 2nd...

104centrewith0625ctw.jpg

~*ice is nice*~

Rough_Rock
Hmmm..now that I look at them, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference, the first maybe makes the centre 1ct look a little bigger...maybe I'll go down to 0.125ct and put more $$ into the centre diamond!!
22.gif
Also, I think that 1ct in a sapphire would be a different size than a 1ct in a diamond (sapphire would be bigger).

FutureMrsC

Rough_Rock

Being the dork I am I printed some actual diamond sizes and cut them out carefully. I know whatever center stone I pick will probably have a different carat weight, but I''m trying to figure out a good proportion. After playing with the paper stones I I''m guessing the center in my pic is the 7mm option... however i think a 7mm center might be too big on my hand so...

19.gif

I think you''re right with a 1 ct or a 6.5mm stone, I''d want to go with a bit smaller diamond sides to pull off the same effect.

I do adore gazing at all the "show me your ring" threads :) for a long time I loved the halo diamond look best, but for what I wanted it was just not within our price range.
8.gif

3-stone e-rings aren''t that common where I live either, but since I probably will have an alternative center stone, I really want the diamond side accents on my e-ring.

Thank you everyone for your input!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
If you want the same effect as the picture you posted, you definitely need to go smaller than .25ct ea on the sidestones. My ering has a 1.25ct with .25ct ea sidestones, and the center doesn''t look as big as the one in the picture relative to the sidestones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results