shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions pls - 1 carat, I, VS1 round ideal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ongkenyong

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am a first time buyer and I would like your opinion on the following diamond.
I really appreciate any feedback you can give me as I''m looking for something that''ll make my girl very happy.
The full details including AGS report are on http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=7320200
Summary:

Cash Price: $5,313
Shape: Signature Round Laboratory: AGS
Carat Weight: 1.057 Color: I Clarity: VS1
Measurements: 6.57x6.61x4.05
Depth: 61.4% Table: 55%
Polish: Ideal Symmetry: Ideal Culet: Pointed
Girdle: 0.8-1.8 Fluorescence: None Culet: Pointed
Crown Angle : 34.6° Crown %: 15.5
Pavillion Angle : 41.0° Pavillion %: 43.3

I ran the specs through the Pricescopy Holloway Cut Advisor and came up with a Total Visual Performance of 1.9. I''m not sure exactly what this means and I would be grateful if I could get some feedback from anyone who has done a comparison using this tool and compared the difference between a Total Visual Performance of say 1.4 vs 1.9. Is there a significant difference in brilliance?

Thank you for reading up to here.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hi ongkenyong.

According to HCA, a score of less than 2.0 predicts that you have found a diamond in the top 5% of all diamonds. 1.4 is not better than 1.9. For that matter, 0.1 is not better than 1.9. In this sense the HCA is a useful tool for eliminating diamonds you will not see, but you should not consider those numbers absolute.

I've included a quote from the Holloway Cut Advisor results page.

or view it through an ideal-scope.

A score below 2 (Excellent) means you have eliminated known poor performers (more than 95% of all diamonds). Your own personal preference may be for a diamond with an HCA score of 1.5 more rather than one with a lower score of say 0.5.

Many diamonds with excellent scores may not be traditional 'ideal cuts' but we believe their value will rise once the GIA establishes its cut standard.
This system is being continually fine-tuned and results may change without notice

Garry Holloway FGAA DDT>>

Maybe Garry can make this information more obvious on the HCA site, since these 1.X versus 0.X comparisons seem to come up a lot (?)

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results