shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

xxxxx

Rough_Rock
Hello, great site! I would appreciate opinions on this diamond. This is all the info I have. Is the girdle a problem? Thank you in advance.

Certificate(s): GIA-I
Carat Weight: 0.76
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Cut: Ideal
Polish: Excellent
Shape: Round Brilliant
Culet: None
Depth %: 62.30%
Table: 58.00
Fluorescence: None
Measurements:
(W x L x H) 5.83 x 5.88 x 3.65
Symmetry: Execellent
Girdle: Extremely Thick
Price: $3,300

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not an expert, but I've read plenty on this forum that with an extremely thick girdle on a round, you are losing some unseen weight in the stone. In short, the diamond looks smaller than stones with thinner girdles.

ETA: More measurements would be needed in order to determine whether this stone would perform as well as other ideal cut stones out there. Pavilion, table, etc.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif
An extremely thick girdle isn't desirable as it can hide carat weight and make the diamond look smaller than it should. The crown and paviliion angles are needed to determine cut quality, if this is a new 2006 GIA cert they should be on it. The diamond is a little on the deep side which can cost you appearant weight too. Unless you wanted an F VS, you could drop to an H colour or even I or J and still have a white looking diamond and many SI clarities are eyeclean. Cut is the most important factor when buying a beautiful diamond, make this your top priority. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results