shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GMCYA

Rough_Rock
Let me start out with yesterday, I told her father that I need to speak with him and his wife privately today. You know, to ask permission and all that jazz. I didnt tell him what I needed to talk to him about, but I believe he has a idea. So tonight is the big night for talking to her parents, wish me luck..lol

As far as the proposal...

The last few weeks my girlfriend has been taking me to see this ring that she wants for her graduation from college present, shes 26. It would be a present/promise ring. I already told her she that I would not be able to afford it until the end of the month, and the she would have to wait till her graduation party for me to give it to her.

This coming up Saturday is the day she graduates, and we are going to do the close family thing afterwards. My immediate family and hers will Im sure be going back to her familys home for presents and coffee, yada yada that evening.

This is where I run into my delima, Im not really sure how to present the ring to her. I want to keep the proposal somewhat private, ie not having it at her graduation party with all of our loud friends around hootin and hollering.

I was thinking about giving her the engagment ring just as I would have given her the promise ring. It would already be a "suprise" to her as she would not be expecting the promise ring for another couple weeks. So her intial thoughts would be "Oh ya! Im getting my ring earlier than he told me..." Which would comepletely throw her off guard b.c if the converation we had yesterday about me being broke and not able to save up money, in turn not being able to get the promise ring "in time" for her graduation day.

I know she would be opening the box expecting the promise ring, yet there would be the engagement ring there, then I would say a couple things and ask her to marry me with family around, and cameras able to catch the action.

Do you think this is a good idea, is there anything I could do to add some more flair to it without her getting any ideas of what I was about to do?

She loves daisys, so I am thinking about at least having a boquet of them on the table or where ever...any help or ideas ya''ll could give me would be great! Sorry for the rambling!

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I'm still in a daze from my own proposal, but I like your plan so far. I love the idea that she's expecting a ring, but not for a few weeks. So she'll be excited and happy to see it early. Then it will dawn on her that it's an engagement ring, not a promise ring and she will go into an even higher level of excitedness and hapiness. I think that will make for a very special moment for her.

Think through when you want to do it. If you both would want a video record, then you're right someone has to be there. Doing it at the small family get togther seems extremely sweet if that is comfortable for the both of you. As for the Daisies...sure have daisies around if you want, but I'll tell you after she gets the ring nothing else will matter. I think it's all about creating the perfect moment. Good luck!

GMCYA

Rough_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!

Thanks, I needed a vote of confidence, to say the least I am a bit wound up about all of it. We are both VERY close to our families, and I believe that she as well as I would very much enjoy just having close family around.

Depending on where we eat dinner and do forth after the graduation will probably play a factor too, all depends on the timing and so forth. That is something Ill have to speak with her parents tonight about as far as plans and so forth. I do like the idea of her expecting the promise ring though, but instead getting a engagement ring.

SERBskywalker23

Rough_Rock
21.gif
Go with your gut feeling as far as what you want to do. I am popping the question tomorrow and I knew as soon as I decided that I was going to how I was going to. You will know what you need to do...good luck with whatever you decide to do...

GMCYA

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

Little update: Spoke with her parents last night..I was so freaking nervous, almost got sick driving down the highway to their place! Anyways, went on with the normal asking for their blessings/permission yada yada, and they were estatic(sp?). Father jumped up and shook my hand a couple times and the mother hugged me...just what I was hopeing for!

Now gota get the ring squared away and then the proposal...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results