shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lovemyboys

Rough_Rock
Trade
So, my MIL gave me this loose Garnet she won it a raffle on a cruise ship and wanted to give it to me because it is my birthstone. It''s almost 2k. I can''t decide if I want to put it in a ring or necklace or what metal to use. So I thought I would ask my fellow PSr''s. I''m hoping to get to the jewelry store next weekend. Oh and that isn''t my whole wedding set in the pictures, if you want to see the whole thing go to Show Me The Ring. OK shameless plug done.
11.gif

IMG_3044.JPG

Lovemyboys

Rough_Rock
Trade
Another...

IMG_3051.JPG

ma re

Ideal_Rock
By 2k you mean...2000$?!
9.gif
More like 2 cts in weight right(?). I''d go with yellow or rose gold, white just doesen''t do much for this shade of red. Makes it look washed out, dead and boring. Yellow would be my choice. And since it''s quite dark I''d suggest setting it in as open of a setting as possible, so prongs would be great, to let as much light in. But since garnets are not exactly very durable, setting it that way in a ring might be asking for trouble, so I''d go with a pendant. And as pear shapes actually lend themselves very nicely to pendants, that pretty much sums up my suggestions.

P. S. If budget allows, a higher karat gold alloy would be even better if you opt for yellow, so something like 18k. That warm, rich shade of gold really brings out the deep reds nicely, and in a simple prong set pendant it probably wouldn''t cost a lot to go with gold of higher purity.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree with Mr. Ma Re. I''d try to do the higher kt yellow gold and go for an open pendant setting.

Very nice of your MIL! TFS
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results