shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions Please!- Channel Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2007 10:11:47 AM
Author: gemgirl
Hey Harleigh,

We have pretty similar tastes. I orginally wanted the channel settings because the diamonds are secure and have a protected edging around them. I''ve always gone for what pleases me and not what the trend is. I was also strictly a yellow gold girl at the time and the whole package- yellow gold with channel setting just looked so right on my finger. It also fit my classic style of dressing- tailored, very Jones New York, Kate Hill, Anne Klein. Now I kinda'' enjoy having my own wedding set with a gorgeous 1.51 ct GIA certified pear in the center AND my Mom''s platinum fishtail 1.30ct flawless round. (Well it''s either VVS1 or IF, we''re still debating that. I have to take it to my friend who''s a master gemologist appraiser, and I have to wait until my Mom passes on to take the stone out of the setting). In any case, now I enjoy white and yellow.

Just for the record, in every single piece I own that''s channel set, the girdle of every round diamond touches the girdle of the next round diamond in the channel settings. There are no spaces. They are just continuous flowing rivers of diamonds. I''ve never been drawn personally to angles and corners, so I''ll never own a princess cut, asscher or emerald cut. Heck, I have my Grandmother''s 2.5/3.0ct. F/G VS baguette eternity band in size 10 (!) and I''m wondering what I''ll ever do with all those stones.

I wish I could post pictures of my things. I have plenty of jewelry! I just can''t get my photos to upload onto this site and to be honest, my pictures aren''t clear like all of yours are. I have to work on it.
Hi gemgirl! I was going to try to post you some pix of my rings for you, but um, well, blonde moment here...they are my dang avatar! I am such a complete dork! I did take some new ones of my rings the other night since it''s been back to the jewelers 4 times since that pic in my avatar was taken the day after I got engaged...since then, the head has been turned, lowered, the prongs shaved down, etc...to me it looks like a totally different ring! I will try to post them in my ring thread one more time, then I''ll send them to Andrey for assistance again if not! As you can see in my thread, my bands don''t have any metal between the diamonds, but it doesn''t ever seem to be noticeable to me...I guess it''s just a personal preference.

I would love to see pictures of your jewelry...there are plenty of threads on here with picture-taking recommendations to help you out. Do a search for photo tips, etc... I am obviously NOT the one to ask, but I would definitely help you if I could!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2007 1:06:48 PM
Author: Siamese Kitty
Gemgirl,

I''m with Harleigh-I absolutely love this look! I''ve just started looking at rings with my BF and after the time I''ve spent on PS, I was sure I would be in love with shared prong bands (which I do like, BTW). We were at Tiffany getting some ideas (I''m in the market for a simple solitaire, too)and I tried on both the shared prong and channel set bands. Know what? The channel set won hands down in my book, and BF thought so, too. Call me crazy-I actually think channel set rings can look a little *more* modern sometimes
33.gif
. Maybe because they are sleek and have more metal? In any case, your rings sound gorgeous-hope we can get some pics soon!
3.gif

PS I just turned 30 to give an age perspective.
2.gif

ed:sp
For age perspective on my end...I just turned 35 in July and will be 36 when I get married!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2007 9:51:19 PM
Author: ponderer
Passe, no. Not currently the trend, yes.

I too love pave, but for daily wear I love my channel set bands. Does this make me old or out of date, god I hope not, I''m only 27. I am attaching the only pic I currently have of the set I wear. You can see half of it as I am trying to take a pic of my moms new stone.

I get complements on this set all the time. And I mean the grab my hand and say ''Oh my god I love that'' kind of complements from mid twenties, upper middle class, trendy females.

I find the look very sleek and modern, yet classic.
Hee hee, ponderer...from what I can see of your rings, we have nearly IDENTICAL taste!
31.gif
I would love to see more pix of your set, and of course with your new band, too, when you get it!!! Share, share, share!
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK Miss Harleigh, there you go. It''s not a great picture but that is my wedding set in my avatar. I''m really not very good at resizing photos. After about 20 tries, at least you can see it.

Center stone GIA certified G color, SI 1 pear shape - 1.51 pts. center stone, 1.32 pts. in the mountings, total - 2.85cts.

That was frustrating and exhausting! LOL!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I added wrong! Hey, it''s the middle of the night but I had to work at this until I got it.

_____

2.85 ct

I''m going to sleep now...........:)

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Wowsers, gemgirl! That''s a beauty! Thanks for sharing! I took some more pictures of mine today...I also have severe issues posting my pix, so I completely understand! I''ll try to add some more to my thread for you to check out, too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results