shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions On This Ring / Blue Nile?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Email them to put it on hold?

EDT:
What neat said. :razz:

bbddpp

Rough_Rock
I just dropped them a line with my user name and told them it was in my wishlist box, we''ll see what happens. It would be nice if I could hold the stone until tomorrow when I can call to ask a few questions about the eye thing (sorry forgot the term already!) and returns. Vacation is a week away so I''m cutting it kinda close. My own fault. She couldn''t decide on the style until today!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 5:06:27 PM
Author: bbddpp
I just dropped them a line with my user name and told them it was in my wishlist box, we''ll see what happens. It would be nice if I could hold the stone until tomorrow when I can call to ask a few questions about the eye thing (sorry forgot the term already!) and returns. Vacation is a week away so I''m cutting it kinda close. My own fault. She couldn''t decide on the style until today!

I would think they can do it for you but you will need to get on it ASAP. Can you leave the house to go run an errand and call them today?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHAH, agreed with what neat said, go out of the house to buy some drink, etc? And then call WF? Eye-clean is the term.

bbddpp

Rough_Rock
I could! But I just checked and it looks like their call in hours are Mon-Fri anyway -- So as long as I called early AM tomorrow I'd be first in line anyway.

So the 1.12 is a good deal then huh in your opinions? The price seems nice for a stone that size especially if it is eye clean (I remembered!) Any other questions you suggest I ask them when I call? I figure if the stone is a good fit for that setting I'll be making a purchase, especially if we can bump back returns a bit due to having a 10 day vacation coming up starting next weekend.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 5:11:26 PM
I could! But I just checked and it looks like their house are Mon-Fri anyway -- So as long as I called early AM tomorrow I'd be first in line anyway.

So the 1.12 is a good deal then huh in your opinions? The price seems nice for a stone that size especially if it is eye clean (I remembered!) Any other questions you suggest I ask them when I call? I figure if the stone is a good fit for that setting I'll be making a purchase, especially if we can bump back returns a bit due to having a 10 day vacation coming up starting next weekend.

I would ask for their honest opinion on it since they have it in house. They'll tell you, but seeing as it is an Expert Selection stone, it means they have already examined it and deemed it "worthy". So I bet it's a beautiful stone. But it's always worth it to ask!

I am sure that they'd work with you on the 10 day thing especially if it's just a few days more.

And I am 99% sure they have some salespeople available on weekends...I think it's just their office that is M-F 9-5. You might want to give them a call and leave your number, then they can call you back if they are in the office.

bbddpp

Rough_Rock
Thought I'd let you know if you were still watching this thread...The 1.12 is on order and being built this week, thanks for all the help, this site is a life saver!

The salesman looked at the rock and said it was a nice stone and eye clean confirmed, went with the setting suggested as well and I'll have it end of the week hopefully.

Nice place, for sure, and I certainly am excited to see the finished product.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! Congrats! Glad to help and best of luck with your engagement and marriage. I am sure she''ll love it.

bbddpp

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much! I actually slept on it and am now reconsidering that ACA stone you first found earlier in this thread instead. A little smaller and more expensive but the photo of the 1.12 is making me a bit nervous now that I look at the darkness in the table, though the salesperson said eye clean, I dropped them a line to see if they can compare the two stones and give me an honest opinion. I may still have time to switch. Decisions decisions!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash gives superb service. You can definitely trust them to give you their honest evaluation. I bought my 2.06 pear from them
21.gif

bbddpp

Rough_Rock
I was told that there was a small, but indeed noticeable difference between the 1.02 ACA and the 1.12, so I went with neatferak''s very first instinct here and changed it to the smaller, but better cut ACA stone (the arrows just look absolutely perfect in the pic) -- around $600 more in price and a slightly smaller stone but at least I have the peace of mind knowing I got the best cut I possibly could. The salesperson I dealt with was very non-pressure but did say he looked at the new stone and that it was very nice.

So nice job neatfreak! Hopefully she doesn''t mind losing that 1 10th carat for a better cut!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 10:37:29 AM
I was told that there was a small, but indeed noticeable difference between the 1.02 ACA and the 1.12, so I went with neatferak''s very first instinct here and changed it to the smaller, but better cut ACA stone (the arrows just look absolutely perfect in the pic) -- around $600 more in price and a slightly smaller stone but at least I have the peace of mind knowing I got the best cut I possibly could. The salesperson I dealt with was very non-pressure but did say he looked at the new stone and that it was very nice.

So nice job neatfreak! Hopefully she doesn''t mind losing that 1 10th carat for a better cut!

She won''t once she sees it!!!! It will outsparkle 99% of the rings on her girlfriends hands for sure. Just make sure to tell her to keep it clean for maximum punch!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess if you do not mention that you were considering the larger stone to her, she will never know, right? :razz:

hwkkix

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 10:37:29 AM

bbddpp,

As you''ve already experienced the help on this board is exceptional. As a new guy that just went through this process this month and bought a ACA from WF - let me assure you that this ring will be fabulous. If you search for my posts you will see the pics i posted of the E-Ring and Wedding Band I just bought from WF. They are gorgeous and I am a hero. Having looked at the HOF diamonds i had to bring my rings down to the jeweler where i looked at them to compare and left there fully satified in my purcahse. This on top of the top-notch service and concern for my situation left me very pleased with the experience. Beleive the hype - they are for real. You''ve done good.

enigma1406

Rough_Rock
Great job neatfreak. Very helpful!

I think you''ll be very happy bbddpp. Congratulations and good luck!

bbddpp

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone, I''ll be sure to share the photo when they send it out -- This is actually gonna be a quick turnaround, as I was hoping she would decide on a style she liked before our vacation next week -- I wanted to propose then, and have been meaning to, but really didn''t want to do it without a ring!

This is a fantastic community here, I think you''re all the greatest.

bbddpp

Rough_Rock
Any thoughts? Be honest! I was able to negotiate a bit extra time since we are heading on vacation and if there are any issues, we can still send this back the day we return if we need any changes. She did say something when shopping about possibly a 6 prong setting or a lower profile since she wears gloves in the office she works (medical) but HOPEFULLY this is ok. ;-)

Anyway thoughts? Honesty appreciated of course!

Is the yellow in the upper left corner of the lower left shot an imperfection?

http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=28344150yq9.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 5:20:04 PM

Is the yellow in the upper left corner of the lower left shot an imperfection?
The yellow is a reflection from someone''s clothing when they took the picture
3.gif
You can''t go wrong, trust WF and neatfreak and ME! haha.... One thing to remember... ideal cut stone reflect the colours around them. So it will pick up the yellow of your walls, the grey in the car, the green of your sweater. That is what it is supposed to do and non-ideals don''t do that. It takes getting used to, because you may think "OMG my diamond is yellow!" when in fact it is just reflecting the color on the walls!

PS: I uploaded your picture here for you, you need to remove the link the the extrernal photo bucket, it is against PS rules. Naughty naughty.

PPS: Neatfreak, you are wonderful! This dude was so lucky to have your help. Just wanted to tell you that.

28344150yq9.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww thanks DD!

bbddpp was certainly a pleasure to help out, and DD is very correct, it's just a reflection.

That ring is going to knock her socks off, I LOVE it!!!! I think it's low enough (and it's set well so the prongs aren't huge and bulky) that it shouldn't cause a problem with gloves, but if it does WF will be happy to replace it for something else!

PLEASE come back and let us know how she reacts when she sees that baby!

bbddpp

Rough_Rock
I am a strong believer in right place, right time, and I certainly did post at the right time in the right place, neatfreak was INCREDIBLY helpful and I am MOST thankful! I can''t wait to go pick it up tomorrow! It''ll be a rush there and then a rush back to the airport, they got it to me JUST in time! Thank you neatfreak, and thanks to everyone else who posted as well - And of course whiteflash!

I''ll let you all know how it works out too!

BTW I can''t see a way to edit my post or I would go back and remove that link, really sorry about that!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more thing: I have the same setting with the legato head and it is a very low profile ring (i.e., the band sits close to the finger/isn''t very high--only 1.5mm) and this makes finding a wedding band difficult because most are a lot thicker than that. This band here from e-weddingband.com is a PERFECT fit though http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product106254.html, same width and same height, and the price is awesome. Also great customer service.

bbddpp

Rough_Rock
She loved it!! And I surprised her too so it was even better. A real win. Thank you once again!

A few minor conerns, which may or may not be issues.

We sized her at a 4.5 2 weeks ago but now it's fitting a little loose, spins on her finger rather easily. But at other times it's a lilttle tighter. It varies. Is this normal? I figured if we needed it sized down a bit WF would do it, but at the expense of shipping it back and all it may be easier to just do it locally.

Also, the right edge of the stone (between the two prongs) has a bit of a sharpness to it, but that's probably normal, right? She just needs to be careful that it doesn't slice open medical gloves or anything she wears over the ring. That's not anything unusual or wrong either.

She does say she can see an inclusion (she likes to look and claims her eyes are better than a microscope) though I thought the rock was supposed to be eye clean -- I have no idea what an inclusion looks like so I suppose I will just let her have it re-appraised by an expert. Unfortunately we are at the end of the return window due to the vacation so I think she is keeping it no matter what, I did tell her we COULD send it back but I think she's attached to it. ;-)

These are all just nitpicky things, really, as she does love the ring, but since I have until the end of the day to call Whiteflash if I need anything fixed (but the deadline is here) I figured I would check in!

Newly engaged,

B.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!! So glad she loved it.

All normal (the sharpness and the sizing difference) my fingers fluctuate depending on the humidity and temp.

As for the visible inclusion thing #1 it could be dirt that she's seeing (so give it a good scrub with a toothbrush and dishsoap and see what happens), and #2 "eyeclean" usually means from the top down about 8-10 inches away. So if she's looking from the side, or something like that, you technically still would have an eyeclean diamond...just depends on whether it is "mind clean" for you or not.

Also important to remember is that if it bothers her six months down the line you can always "upgrade" the stone by spending a few dollars more and get a different stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results