shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions on this peridot

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I''d like your honest opinions on this peridot please. Thanks!

akjsdfiwuhetew.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I''d ask for additional pictures, cause the steps don''t seem very distinct to me. It could be the angle of the photo, but it almost seems as if they blend into eachother. That also might be the result of some clarity issues, who knows. In terms of color, a bit on the olive side, but if that''s the shade you like, there''s no problem.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d ask for a better picture. With the angle, I can barely make anything out, since I presume you are after an asscher stone. The colour also shows some yellow and gray typical of most peridots.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I can''t tell colors very well on this computer I am on so I can''t comment really..I think the stone looks alright..see about a different pic

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I''d ask for more photos!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I like the color, but can''t see the cut.
Where is it from?

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everybody. I''ve asked the cutter if I can have a better pic of the facets so we''ll see.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Even at that angle, you should see some sort of contrast from one step to another. I'd like to reserve final judgement until we see a better face-on shot.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I have some new pics ladies.

aljkshdf;iweb.jpeg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
last one

asjdhfiqwueht.jpeg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Cut doesen''t look impressive, I wouldn''t be surprised if it would turn out to be a somewhat sleepy stone with modest scintillation. It''s also not my favorite shade of green, but that''s a matter of preference.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a fan of the colour at all; very drab & dull olive green. There’s also something about the cut that’s not doing it for me either.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Ditto ma re and chrono. I really wanted to like this one, but I''m just not seeing a lot of scintillation and it looks very dull. Sorry redfaerythinker.
8.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! That''s what I was thinking too, but I have social anxiety disorder so it''s really hard for me to turn people down. Now I can say no thanks with no qualms. Thanks again!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 12:17:16 PM
Author: redfaerythinker
Thanks guys! That''s what I was thinking too, but I have social anxiety disorder so it''s really hard for me to turn people down. Now I can say no thanks with no qualms. Thanks again!
Funny thing is, his pavilion shot (bottom row on the right) makes the peridot look very vivid - THAT is gorgeous color, but I''m just not seeing it from the top. You could ask about the color difference and see what he says as a last shot. He''s usually very good about answering.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results