shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions On This One?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blukolr

Rough_Rock
Thinking about making this purchase for an E-Ring!

Shape: Pr
Weight: 1.01
Clarity: VS1
Fluorescence: Negligible
Color: J
AGS 0
Total Depth: 78.1%
Table %:55.5
Crown Angle: 36.0°
Crown Height %: 13.6%
Pavilion Angle: 41.6°
Pavilion Depth %:62.3
Girdle 1.1% to 4.1%
Culet Pointed
Measurements 5.45 x 5.44 x 4.25 mm

...the setting will have squares in the channel, color g/h''s which kinda has me concerned???

40.gif

idealSpic.jpeg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
have you seen this stone?
i''m not crazy about the j color or the 55% table

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Have you seen any pics of the actual stone? You would really need to see this stone in person to see if you could tolerate a ''J'' in a fancy shape (i.e. princess).

blukolr

Rough_Rock
I did see the stone and it really did not disappoint. My concern was (is) the J color as well, although the cut seemed to help ''mask the color'' when viewed face up. I did see the stone in a pavillion side up line up and could see the color difference. As this is my first time shopping for an e-ring, i''m currently working with a PS vendor whose been more than patient in helping me put together a ring i''m comfortable with. I should have the setting in a few weeks and would like to see if this stone would be ''happy'' in its new home...
32.gif
the...Platinum Princess Channel Engagement Ring with Reverse ''V'' and Double Prong, G/H VS, Designed by Vatche...
26.gif
...if not, the search continues...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like one of these new AGS or 'ideal' princess cuts - deep, small, small table-d & brilliant.

Any chance you could see it against a setting with 'whiter' sidestones of some sort ? If the channel set stones are small, the difference would be subtle, but thins does not mean you will not be able to see some.

Could you try it out on a different setting with similar accent diamonds asap ?
2.gif

blukolr

Rough_Rock
This is a new AGS 0 Princess...That may be a good idea, seeing it in a similar setting to see how noticable the color difference would be. I''m very new to all of this, but i''ve been ''lurking'' on this board off and on for a good couple of months, so i''m hoping all of this experience will help me pick a winner....
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results