shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

testuser

Rough_Rock
What are your thoughts on this diamond please.... Also, I know heart shaped diamonds are not really given as an engagement ring however I like it and I think that she would love it also. What are your thoughts as giving this as an engagement ring? Good idea? Bad idea?

1.03-Carat Heart Shaped Diamond
This Very Good-cut, D-color, and SI1-clarity diamond comes accompanied by a diamond grading report from the GIA.

Price: $5,599.00

Carat weight: 1.03
Cut: Very Good
Color: D
Clarity: SI1

Depth %: 58.4%
Table %: 57%
Symmetry: Very good
Polish: Very good
Girdle: Very thin to thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.34x6.93x4.05 mm
Length/width ratio: 0.91

GIA14439153_zoom.jpeg

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
OOH! I just love the idea of a heart shape diamond for an engagement ring! So romantic! I''d want to make sure I could get a wedding band that would work with it first, tho.
Afraid I can''t comment on that particular diamond, as I don''t know enough about fancy shape proportions and such. I''d prefer to see at least a magnified picture of it, before commenting. And I''m a little concerned about the placement of the inclusion, have you asked the vendor if it''s eye-clean? I don''t think they are very common as in house diamonds, but an ideal-scope pic as well would be nice. IMHO

testuser

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Anyone else have an opinion on giving an engagement ring with a heart shaped diamond?

Again, I know it is not common however I like the idea and I think she would like it as well. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2006 3:16:56 PM
Author: testuser
Thanks! Anyone else have an opinion on giving an engagement ring with a heart shaped diamond?

Again, I know it is not common however I like the idea and I think she would like it as well. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you!
My advice would be to sound out what she wants. Your girlfriend may like it, but she might not. I''m not your girlfriend, but even if I''m a hopeless romantic, I wouldn''t want a heart-shaped diamond and I prefer the classic, romantic look of a round brilliant. If you look, you''ll find a few threads here about ladies who were disappointed with their engagement ring because they were not given the chance tell their man what they wanted to have.

Good luck!
35.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
As long as she likes a heart shaped diamond, then I would get her a heart shaped diamond. Just remember though, even if she likes it now, she might not think it is so great as she gets older. So just make sure she DEFINITELY wants this shape now and forever.
1.gif

I can''t comment on the particular stone, as I don''t know a thing about hearts!

testuser

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ron! Your post was very helpful. I am going on a cruise and would like to make the engagement a surprise. I know she will say yes because she has hinted about it many many times. At the same time I would hate the surprise to be on me if she she really doesn''t like the ring.

I guess I could go with a jewler recommended on here with a 30-day return period and atleast be able to surpirse her yet giving her the option of picking something else out if she doesn''t like it as much as I think that she will. Discuss.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like a nice stone to me, but I''m no expert on the heart shape. Many women love the heart shape while other''s don''t. I would make sure you could return it if it''s not her taste. How are you going to have it set??

testuser

Rough_Rock
I was looking at a setting like this...

DM03400300_HS_100_zoom.jpg

What do you think?

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
hey testuser...that''s beautiful! but, you gotta know SHE''S gonna dig it....chances are (if she''s been hinting at marriage) she''ll be head over heals that you''ve asked her to marry you...with a diamond heart AND sidestones! dude! lol...

but, as recommended earlier, make sure the vendor you choose knows your situation and will definitely be willing to exchange or refund it no questions asked!

keep us updated.....

testuser

Rough_Rock
lol I will keep you updated... I plan to give it to her in early May when on a cruise so most places offer 30-days so I will be ordering something just before we go incase she doesn''t like it and wants to get a different cut/setting.

31.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that you should make sure she wants a heart shape diamond taking into account that it will be on her finger for the rest of her life. While I have not seen many heart shaped diamonds, when I do see one, it stands out as very distinctive and unique, but I always think to myself that it is a young womans cut, and may not translate as well into her 30''s and 40''s. They are beautiful though, and definitely not run-of-the-mill!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Make sure that the heart has a pleasing shape. Some hearts look like pear shapes gone wrong, not good for either pear or heart. A good heart has good balanced shoulders to it, not too fat, not too thin. Make sure it has sparkle factor. When you view it, look at it in all different lights to see how it behaves.

I don''t think you can go by numbers on a fancy. They must be seen. I''m not a heart girl, but there was one on here not too long ago that I would have snapped up in a heartbeat. It was a gorgeous cut heart. I don''t remember the name of the thread but search heart shape and it might come up for you. As Kaleigh and others have said, make sure that you can return it for any reason or no reason if she would rather have something else. HTH

shay

testuser

Rough_Rock
Wow thank you for the continued feedback!

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
testuser...suzyQ brought up a great point regarding how your gal''s opinion may change as time passes by. i thought about that too...when it came to my girl. since my girl prefers square cut designs, i felt i couldn''t lose with the asscher cut (geez, i sound like i''m tryin'' to plug that dog-gone cut!! lol...i swear i''m not..) because, as suzyQ wrote, your gal''s taste may change. since the heart shape is very different (again, imo, that''s a good thing!), make sure the vendor you use has a very specific type of trade-in/trade-up policy. and, i''d prefer a vendor who''s highly recommended and been in business awhile....otherwise, what good''s the trade-in? anyhow..................you''ve got to figure out a sneaky way, between now and the cruise, to find out exactly what she may really prefer...

hey, here''s an idea (dunno if it''s a good one, but what the heck); what about startin'' a post along the lines of ''what''s a sneaky way to find out what shape diamond my girl loves...opinions please!!'' .....lol...

i might try that for myself...but ''I'' love the asscher!!

a pretty sneaky guy if he needs to be, ron....
31.gif

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
okay buddy...go to my new post ''i gotta be sneaky''.....and read what the folks suggest! good luck!

ron...

testuser

Rough_Rock
LOL Thanks Ron... you are a funny man.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
...just tryin'' to help ya out man...i''ll delete the thread if ya want...(shucks, if i can...).

testuser

Rough_Rock
No need to delete the thread Ron! lol

You read the post wrong. I appreciate your comments and input. I just thought your post was funny!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results