shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this diamond please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zach

Rough_Rock
GIA grading (March 23, 2004)
Square Modified Brilliant (Princess)
5.77x5.48x3.98
1.03 carat
E
VS1
Depth: 72.6%
Table: 72%
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick
Cutlet: None

Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good

Fluorescence: None

$5500 is the price given by the diamond broker I''m working with. I''m having it set in a 4-prong platinum solitaire. Any opinions or suggestions are greatly appreciated before I make the purchase.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
find out how much of the girdle is thin and where.

zach

Rough_Rock
I know princess diamonds are prone to chipping...which is why I stayed away from extremely thin and very thin. I believe the thin areas of the girdle were where the prongs on the setting would be.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
definitely watch out for v.thin and ex. thin!
23.gif

don''t assume the thin areas are where the prongs will be. that is not a safe assumption!
if you have seen the diamond and liked it, there is nothing more that we can help you with from here.
please post pics when you get it.

zach

Rough_Rock
I have a digital pic, but sadly i can''t figure out how to insert it in my post.

zach

Rough_Rock
here it is....

1.03 princess.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay!
36.gif

it looks quite nice zach. how will you set it?

zach

Rough_Rock
it''s set in the setting in the pic. My broker promised to email me that pic, with the diamond in the setting...and i just received the email today. I spent more than I planned on the diamond, so I opted for just a simple platinum solitaire 4 prong setting. The diamond speaks for itself....so I think myi girlfriend will love it. Just wanted other opinions before I pick it up and make it official on Tuesday.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2006 7:58:51 PM
Author: zach
it''s set in the setting in the pic. My broker promised to email me that pic, with the diamond in the setting...and i just received the email today. I spent more than I planned on the diamond, so I opted for just a simple platinum solitaire 4 prong setting. The diamond speaks for itself....so I think myi girlfriend will love it. Just wanted other opinions before I pick it up and make it official on Tuesday.
i hope that''s not the setting!
23.gif

that is a temp stone holder not a real setting.

zach

Rough_Rock
lol...oh....my bad....I guess it is a temporary stone setting..i wondered why it looked thinner and cheaper than i remembered. Thanks for helping me to realize that.lol

I post a finger once I propose...should be in the next few weeks......thanks for all your help.....I''ve lurned a lot through lurking on the site, but learned the most through posting,

Thanks again,

Zach

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
best of luck to you zach! we'll be waiting for more pics!

zach

Rough_Rock
excuse the poor spelling in the last post...i do know how to spell "learned properly"....lol

and i meant to say, I''ll post a finger pic once I propose.

thanks again,
zach

zach

Rough_Rock
I can''t have one post without an error.........I guess my mind''s on the proposal....wish me luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results