shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on these stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Type_S_Maniac

Rough_Rock
Hi! I''ve been trying to find the perfect stone to fit my budget. So far, I''ve came across the following 3 stones:

1. HCA: 1.2
Price: $3,918.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 1.01
Color: J
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.3
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 34.7
Crown %: 15.4
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.52-6.54X3.94

2. HCA: 1.5
Price: $4,150.00
Report: AGS
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 0.907
Color: H
Depth: 61.8
Table: 57.3
Crown Angle: 34.6
Crown %: 14.9
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.17-6.19X3.82

3. HCA: 1.0
Item Code: AGS-6747207
Price: $3,294.00
Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 0.811
Color: H
Depth: 61.1
Table: 56.8
Crown Angle: 34.7
Crown %: 15.2
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion %: 42.9
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 6.00-6.02X3.67

As you can see, they are all of different sizes and I can''t seem to choose a favorite one out of these. The first 2 are from WF''s ES series, while the 3rd one is an ACA. How would the ACA look compared side by side to the other two since it has the best cut, but the smallest size? Would the size difference be noticeable? They all have advantages over the other and I am hoping some of my fellow PSers would be able to chime in and give me your point of view. Also, if you come across other suggestions, I am open to hearing them.

Thanks!

Type_S_Maniac

Rough_Rock
Anyone? Please Help!! I would really appreciate your input.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OK... here's my humble 2 cents. All 3 stones look like killers, and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

But I would choose #1, hands down, and here's a few reasons why. It's bigger and it will *show*! It's an awesome size. Sometimes when a stone is juuust over a magic size, the cut is compromised somewhat (to get it there). Not so with this stone - I love the proportions and the IS looks excellent to me. Yes, it's a "J", but so is my diamond - and I ADORE it. I am sure it will face up VERY WHITE and be VERY beautiful. I imagine it is probably quite eye-clean, too.

I would ask Brian to pull the stone (or even two or all 3 of the stones) and talk you through it on the telephone. Ask him about eye-clean-ness, and get his opinions. He is an excellent resource for people considering WF stones.

And BTW, when Mara and Alj were at WF, they couldn't tell with their naked eye the ACA stones from the ES. They are ALL winners!!!

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
If #1 is eye clean it gets my vote as well.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I agree...I''d pick #1...they all are gorgeous stones, but #1 is definitely bigger from the measurements. And I wouldn''t worry about the J color, it''ll be so sparkly! Good luck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with Lynn. Stone #1 is amazing. Love the size, numbers etc... But they all are winners in my book. I second calling Brian and having him walk you through them. The J color will face up bright white. No worries there. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Number 1 seems to be the easy choice!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
You''ve had great advice... number 1 is a killer stone.

Type_S_Maniac

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the input. It looks like the #1 is a clear pick, I will take a look at the thread about J stones in Platinum settings to get a feel for how J color stones will face up in a setting. Does Brian have a special number or do I just call the general WF number and ask for Brian?

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Just call the general WF number and tell them that you would like to speak to Brian about that specific stone. He will call you back with the stone in his hands so you can ask any questions you have.
It''s actually a lot of fun.

good luck, I''m sure that stone will be perfect for you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results