shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curiouscat

Rough_Rock
Hello-
I just stumbled onto this site the other day and can''t get enough!! The old cuts are so intriguing!

I am looking at purchasing an e ring from 1922 that has the description of "approximate weight 1.01 (6.7 x 3.7), Transition cutting (between Old European and Modern American brilliant), nick on girdle, low crystal in color, VSI in clarity".

Can anyone tell me what "low crystal in color" means?
The stone looks nice in the photos (not much success posting them though), but what would a reasonable price range for this be?

Thanks for any help!

0e_1.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey curious cat
35.gif
welcome to ps!
the diamond you are looking at could be comparible to what you might know as a ''j'' color stone.
i would continue to learn as much as you can before purchasing the peice and make sure the seller has a bullet proof return policy and honest feedback.
best of luck!

curiouscat

Rough_Rock
Hi Belle
35.gif

Thank you for the welcome and the information! Here is another photo. I''ve read here that the price for old cuts is roughly 35% lower than comparable rbc prices...does that sound about right? Would that be the best way to gauge what the price should be? Thanks!!

3e_1.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome too
35.gif
Belle is right, Crystal is from the older colour grading scale which is a J equivalent so a low crystal might be a low J high K. Pretty stone
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow i just love that ring and stone!!! if it''s a good deal i say DO IT...i love vintage pieces like that esp if they are affordable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results