shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ttby4444

Rough_Rock
I posted a question about financing a while ago and got allot of really good help. I decided to go the layaway route. Its the best possible way for me to keep from getting in serious debt.

Anyway, I found a rock and wanted to get some opinions on what people thought of the deal. Its a 1.04 CT Princess Cut. E in color, and an I1 in clarity. The reason for the I-1 is that there is a small inclusion right on the side of the prong. Very hard to see with the setting. Not sure if this is a right move or not. The color is amazing. The inclusion, isn''t that big a deal, and I don''t think my girlfriend would really mind it or even be able to see if but I am going to tell her if I get it.

Anyway, the price is $3400 for the rock. The setting I haven''t gotten a price yet but I am assuming between 300-600 more for that.

Any opinions?

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
so, knowing nothing other than what you posted here, not even what shape this diamond is..
i did the pricescope search and found this:

1.04 E I1 62.2% 55% GIA tn-m no gd vg no 6.52x6.57x4.07 $3144 $3270SP

which is about $130 less than the price you quoted.

This is a round brilliant shape - is that what you''re after?

ttby4444

Rough_Rock
Sorry about that, again I''m a NOOB.

Ok cut is a princess Cut 1.04. Dimensions are 5.51X5.51X4.07.
E-Color, I1 clarity(due to that 1 inclusion)
Polish is G, Symentry is G.

Not sure if I am missing anything else.

stermag

Shiny_Rock
Fancy cuts (incl. princess) are generally less expensive than round brilliant diamonds.

I just found a 1.11ct princess, E color, I1 clarity for $2400 (using the Pricescope search) - granted, it''s EGL graded, and probably not much to look at... but it IS a whole grand less.

That being said, if your I1 is much cleaner (or even eye-clean) that might explain the higher price.

Of course these are mere stipulations since, unfortunately, we don''t have enough information to do a fair comparison. The dimensions you''re provided are more or less inline with what one might expect from a stone that size... but not having any additional information, it''s impossible to say whether the stone is a good bet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results