shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on Diamonds by Lauren?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hi headlight! I actually agree with you and know of others on PS who also agree that a beautiful stone does NOT have to be "numbers" perfect!!! I trust my eyes!!! Jan just posted something about this on DT and the stone she posted looks awesome!!!!....
love.gif

However, this thread isn't really as dramatic as I think you make it out to be. A question was asked and answered. We are all allowed to have our own opinions. Maybe not everyone likes his stones...it could be b/c of numbers OR the way a stone looks (I do know it's hard to photograph though)..it's no big deal...not everyone has to...on PS, we can be rough on stones and vendors and we are allowed to voice our opinions! There are no uncalled for comments here I don't think...

Anyhoo- not trying to start anything...just my 2 cents and I respect your opinion!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI ya'll:

Although I cannot possibly know all the motivations for the creation of this forum, but I somehow suspect it was to "add value" to the huge and varied experience of diamond selection & buying. So when I read certain posts that were present in this thread, I was at a loss to understand how patronizing and condescending remarks could possibly enhance any consumers shopping experience.
confused.gif

It has always been my experience that nothing good ever comes from these kind of remarks, because nothing ever could. If I am out of line then please redirect my thought in more a positive fashion--I am always happy to be wrong.
1.gif

Cheers and a good w/e to all

Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Headlight,

Last time I checked, those posts were still in the DT archives so I'm pretty sure the sequence of events is that the relationship was disclosed only after a DTer asked in a post if a relationship existed that the admission was made. As I stated in my post, that relationship should not invalidate MaryAlaina's opinion. I thought it odd at the time, and I still do that the original relationship was disclosed only after they were "outed."

headlight

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 7/23/2004 5:21:19 PM Garry H (Cut Nut) wrote:

headlight who ever said Pricescope does not approve of 60:60 diamonds?

Garry, thanks for you quick reply. I came to that "conclusion" based on what the PS Tutorial on 60/60's states. Maybe I interpreted it incorrectly? Also, any time anyone posts a stone's specs for input and it has a table of like 60 or 61%, everyone says it isn't good because the table is too large.

moremoremore -- Sorry if I sounded overly dramatic!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/23/2004 5:15:47 PM Matata wrote:

My one issue with DBL and you is that you both posted on DT for quite awhile before either of you admitted to that employee-employer-friend relationship and that tainted (for me -- I don't speak for others) the credibility of both of you. It was only when a DTer inquired about a possible relationship that you (or David I can't remember which) disclosed the relationship. You both did the right thing at that point, but it would have meant more to me as a potential consumer if the disclosure would have been voluntary from the get-go.----------------

You are mistaken.....when I joined DT one year ago I only knew David as one of his satisfied customers. Approximately 6 months later, he approached me about helping him out.
As soon as the two of us reached an agreement about our working relationship, David made a post to that effect. (See this thread MaryAlaina Joins DBL .) I was never a "behind the scenes manipulator/promoter" as you seem to be suggesting. My relationship with him was disclosed from the very start, and also when we both decided it wasn't working. I think it speaks volumes about him, personally and professionally, that I still think so highly of him and his products.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
1.gif
you're talkin to the original drama queen
9.gif

But (bracing for flogging) you're not TOO far off! I think there is a focus for perfect numbers here...Not a good or bad thing. It just is. But then again, I think it's balanced with wanting to get what you pay for...dunno...THANK GOD I'm into princess cuts! LOL 60/60 what? LOL

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
oops- that was meant for headlight!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/23/2004 5:31:34 PM Matata wrote:

I thought it odd at the time, and I still do that the original relationship was disclosed only after they were 'outed.'----------------

When David and I were still in "negotiations", someone asked if I worked for him and I truthfully said no. Once we had finalized our arrangement, David made a post. There was nothing dishonest about any of our dealings, postings, or relationship. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there was not a secret diamond conspiracy going on....
rolleyes.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
First of all: MARY- FOR THE LAST TIME- YOU'RE FIRED!!!!
heheheheheh

Please excuse my sicko sence of humor- but please- don't attack others if you want to critisize me.

If I had done what Matata accused me of, then I would have no place in a forum like this- or any other open forum.
I was proud to call Mary a customer, and still prouder to call her an associate. This was NEVER something I wanted to hide.

During the day or two that Mary and I took to conclude conversations about this I requested that the negociations be between us.
Would you like everyone to know about an interveiw? I feel that those type of conversations are between the parties involoved exclusively.

When it became apparent that we were both better served by ending our professional association, we immediately let everyone know.
Mary is a good customer of DBL, and of Whiteflash as well.
She speaks highly of those she has had good experience with.
I love the ring Leslie made for her- and the stone. I appreciate her taking the time to show us.

I do not see her as someone to complain, but if a question was posed that required her to say something negative - she'd have the honesty and integrity to do so.

Garry- I have a T-Shirt that looks exactly like your awesome rainbow colored graph. Rad dude!
( PS- the HCA was going to sneak into this litte suare somehow, wasn't it?)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 7/23/2004 6:06:55 PM diamondsbylauren wrote:

First of all: MARY- FOR THE LAST TIME- YOU'RE FIRED!!!!
heheheheheh

-

Isn't "you're fired" copyrighted?
11.gif
9.gif
At least an ethical violation of use.
11.gif

David, one only has to read the 9 page thread on "copying jewelry designs" to understand that I am just adding some jest to the convo.

I, too, recall the employment issue being above board.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
--------------------------------------------
When David and I were still in "negotiations", someone asked if I worked for him and I truthfully said no. Once we had finalized our arrangement, David made a post. There was nothing dishonest about any of our dealings, postings, or relationship. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there was not a secret diamond conspiracy going on....
---------------------------------------------

You're not disappointing me, MA. I didn't use the word "conspiracy." I just spent some time making myself dizzy scrolling through the DT archives. I don't remember whether K-mom was the one who first asked the question in a post. I couldn't access her posts since she's no longer a member. What I do remember is that the timing between the question being asked and the disclosure of the employment relationship made it appear that the employment relationship existed for awhile before David's announcement. So if I'm wrong about that I apologize. I also stated today that you spoke only from a consumer's point of view and did not mention that you had a prior working relationship with David. Someone else replied (sorry I don't remember who) that your endorsement of David from an employee perspective only added to David's credibility as a vendor. I agree and that's why I was confused/disturbed/annoyed/surprised by your omission. Please don't read anything more into it than that.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/23/2004 4:53:51 PM headlight wrote:

To say some of the things about David's product that have been said on this thread are just so uncalled for. As MaryAlaina said, if you don't care for his stones or his mountings, then just say it isn't your thing (or don't say anything at all, given that the original poster wanted input from people who have had experience with DBL, not merely what do you think of his website). Personally, I enjoy David's humor and style, but that is just me, not everyone will like it nor will everyone like me. I happen to love three-stone rings and the style in which he creates his are, IMO, stunning. I love his use of a wide range of side stones (trills, traps, half-moons, bullets, etc.) in very hefty/solid shanks to create pieces that are upscale and individual and not the run-of-the-mill stuff you see on the majority of 'build-your-own' sites out there, or the standard DVatche mount or Ingwer pre-fabs, etc. Which brings up another point -- all of his pieces are done custom; he doesn't 'order in' stock mountings; for some people this may not mean anything, but for myself as I'm sure for a whole market out there, this is something desireable. Yes, as David has stated, his 'niche' is not one of basing a stone on the numbers. Everyone should purchase in the way that suits them best for their hard-earned money, but going by the numbers is not the only way. We all know that PS is not a fan of the 60/60 or of non-H&A stones, but I do love my 61/61 RB and I especially love the way the facets don't line up, which is something that David posted appeals to him, as well. It is actually the fact that my RB posesses a different 'look' to it than an ideal or H&A does that makes it unique and appealing to me. I was used to buying based on visual appearance, so I suppose in the ideal diamond 'revolution', it was great to find a vendor (aside from the one I purchased my stone from before learning about the diamond boards) who also went for stones based on how they looked to the naked eye, after seeing so many stones throughout his career. Which, by the way, included his sorting of stones for Harry Winston (as in THE H.W. himself), so this was obviously the type of stones they were selling 'back in the day'; I don't know what the House of HW is selling now, but I wouldn't shake my head at the opportunity of attaining one of those fine (vintage) HW diamonds -- would you??? Does that mean I'd never want to own a H&A? Of course, not -- it would be fabulous to be able to have the opportunity to call one of those beauties my own. Does it mean that I'm not grateful to have the opportunity of learning from everyone here about going by the numbers and how that translates into a beautiful stone -- again, I am enlightened everytime I log on. But I must admit that I am drawn to the more 'off the beaten path' stones, of which I am sure I am not alone in that preference, and if that means that I like 'runts', so be it. ----------------

Lori- you're awesome I am so greatful to you for your kind words.One of the most important things you've ever said to me was that I helped you remember how beautiful your diamond seemed the day you got it.That made me feel really good.I am very glad that you found the perfect ring for your diamond and that the side stones worked out well and that you are happy again.Also do you see why I get on your case for never using paragraphs.It's because my eyes are always tired from louping the diamonds and staying up late watching six feet under and posting on the diamond forums.If you don't believe me check and see how many times I post at like, three oclock in the morning.I gotta get a life, right? Do you know how hard it is for a rockhead like me to find the perfect woman in NYC- forget perfect,how about breathing. Kidding. But as always, I love and appreciate your posts even if they give me a headache trying to read them
David

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Matata- I promise you I WOULD REMEMBER IF I LIED!!!! And I would admit it. After all thousands of people read the thread.

You can take all the time you want rying to find the sequence of postings to try and show I'm not telling the truth here, but let me ask you -
Have you seen the new Spiderman movie- I would reccomend it!

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/23/2004 6:58:30 PM Garry H (Cut Nut) wrote:

OK David, your reputation has been saved.
Now take a minute or two to do those photo's
1.gif
----------------

photo.JPG

I'll admit it, I use my Nokia 3650 to take pictures- then I can talk to friends at the same time!
naughty.gif

Geez, I oughta airbrush that ......light colored area on top of my head.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
...It's your Father, David, come to the dark side...

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for asking- I do appreciate the interest.
I guess my failed attempt at humor didn't do it......

I will say that I have a knack for photos- my luck. As such, I consider it my......art. So yes, I am protective of it.
The diamonds are really the stars of my shots. I'm very picky about my subjects. Remember, I reject ( or pick) diamonds based on the way they look.
I simply pick stones that look good to me and exploit the diamond's ability to work the avaiable light.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
David you missed the point again - you say that you photograaph the the diamond the way you see it with your eyes.

What I asked is that you show us the room, the lighting and the way you look at a diamond - a few photo's of you looking that show the environemnt etc

I am not looking to find your trade secret photo methods (and they are amazing, as I had said, or the meaning I meant before in the missundertsanding thread that started some trouble).

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
WHO CARES?!!?

If you like a certain piece of jewelry, doesn't matter if it comes from SEARS, MACYS, FILENE, WALMART , WHITE FLASH, DBL or HARRY WINSTON!

You got the goods, you can provide good customer service and a pleasing experience, that is all that matters in the eyes of most customers!
David's customers are thrilled with the man, I appreciate his input on the forums and I don't even own anything of his! I don't have any more energy to type what my brain is thinking... Goodnight!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results