shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on a sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m hoping for a medium dark blue, think this fits the bill? There''s some green from the side, but it was described as "pure blue" face up. Just wanted to check in with my PS family before pulling the trigger :)

I love my tsav ring and it''s med dark tone, and would love to have something similar in blue that''s durable enough for me to wear more often (I baby my tsav a bit and tend not to wear it as often as I''d like).

sdaybel.jpg

sidespph333.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was also thinking about this spinel, but I think it might end up a touch too dark.

mddspinel.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for reference, this is the medium dark tone I'm hoping for.

Sigh...buying stones online is so strenous. I wished I could go to a gem show like Tuscon and just see trays of lovelies in person to pick one!

2042.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the color of the sapphire. ETA. Your tsavorite ring is very pretty.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I love the shade of blue that you posted; it reminds me of what most people think of a traditional sapphire, a rich jewel toned deep blue. However, I think that that particular stone will darken even more once its set and possibly black out. Are you thinking of setting it in a lotus? That might change things a bit and let in more light.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
check with michael from gemshoppe
he might have the dark blue sapphires you are looking for.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi MTG! I seriously think that you lotus is stunning! Great color! I do like the blue Sapphire, but the non-precision cut does put me off a little:)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2010 4:41:19 AM
Author: chictomato
Hi MTG! I seriously think that you lotus is stunning! Great color! I do like the blue Sapphire, but the non-precision cut does put me off a little:)

It is actually precision cut. :) It's from Michael E (thegemshoppe).
But I'm going to pass since I think there will be too much green in it for me. But at 200$ for a 1 ct unheated sapphire that is precision cut, it's a great deal if you're looking for blue with a touch of green.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Hey MTG, I see that you decided to pass on this sapphire, but would you mind sharing an approximate quote for the two tone lotus setting? Is it less than $200?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, my two tone lotus in 18k yellow gold and sterling silver was less than 200$. I want to say it was under 150 actually. Hope that helps :)

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
It sure does! It helps enable my dream of having a Sally lotus one day.
2.gif
Thanks so much!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I think that the Sapphire and the Spinel are too dark. But that''s just my preference.

LOVE your Tsav. It has the light play that I think you''d want in a Sapphire. Good Luck finding what you want.
9.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the sapph...I think it's a very pretty color! Not loving the spinel.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG,
I’m glad you passing on both the spinel and sapphire. One is just too gray and dull, while the other has zoning issues.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I does seem to have some zoning issues..if the whole thing was that sweet blue color towards the center of the stone...hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results