shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions on a sapphire purchase

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild said:
You should check out Joe Escobar Diamonds since you're in the Bay Area. They have some amazing colored stones and their very own colored stone expert, Ryan. I'd call and make an appointment if it's a trek for you guys. And I'd really only deal with Ryan, and give him fair warning as to what you're looking for before you meet with him. But really, worth a consideration.

http://www.escobardiamonds.com/

Freke, funny you should post that - it's the picture that got me to start lurking in CS!

Marina87

Rough_Rock
That sapphire is perfect, great nice and cut!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Thank you, Freke for that picture!

joeescobar_blues.jpg

eringnewbie

Rough_Rock
Stunning!

Thanks for telling me about Ryan. We are meeting with him tomorrow!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I dunno, I like the ring that you posted. I think it's a very rich, blue velvet color.

There are so many colors of sapphire, and some many shades of blue sapphire, I think it's whatever you like.

I know I like it. :bigsmile:

It's a nice size, big on your finger :love: :love: and seems to be a nice blue. I think if you wanted a lighter blue, you would have gotten it. I think you really wanted a regal blue and I think it's lovely.

I would be impressed if I saw that on someone's finger.

:appl: :appl:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
eringnewbie|1382128270|3540261 said:
Stunning!

Thanks for telling me about Ryan. We are meeting with him tomorrow!
Excellent! Please take some pictures! The people at JE are well versed with PSers, but Ryan is definitely the person to talk to about colored stones. I'll let him give you more details as to his background. I do hope you find something you love!

Edit: One of my friends bought a color shifting sapphire from them not long ago, and Ryan was incredibly patient with her, even though she had a very hard time making a decision!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1382125997|3540232 said:
OMG! Thank you, Freke for that picture!
You're quite welcome. You should find them on Facebook Preg! They love to post eyecandy, and I am all too happy to download the images to gawk over!!!

eringnewbie

Rough_Rock
So ryan was aweaome just like you said frekechild! Totally helped us with different color variations but when it came down to it, I fell in love with an already set ring. This ring is slightly larger than the previous pictured one. I believe it was 2.4cts vs 1.44cts originally. Ryan took a few pics and I feel like the color he captured was better than my handshots.

Its a violet blue hue with decent saturation and a medium tone.

20131019_141920.jpg

20131019_141929.jpg

20131019_141809.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
eringnewbie|1382465601|3542428 said:
So ryan was aweaome just like you said frekechild! Totally helped us with different color variations but when it came down to it, I fell in love with an already set ring. This ring is slightly larger than the previous pictured one. I believe it was 2.4cts vs 1.44cts originally. Ryan took a few pics and I feel like the color he captured was better than my handshots.

Yay! So does this mean you've officially found "The One"? :appl:

It looks to be a pretty blue and looks awesome on you, btw.

eringnewbie

Rough_Rock
Yes! I think its the one!

Very excited about the ring. Love the split shank and the stone was beautiful in person. :)

Now I wait.... blah!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Sorry about the wait, but that's awesome! Let me see if I can get Freke over here because she will be thrilled!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's just just beautiful and perfect on you.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Amazing!!!! What a fabulous ring! Many congrats (and I hope he proposes ASAP!).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's great that you've found the ONE. Did you follow up with the store to find out more about their upgrade and maintenance policies? I don't recall but the stone comes with a lab report? If you plan to insure your ring, having the report helps a lot should the insurance company need to replace it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1382531713|3542849 said:
It's great that you've found the ONE. Did you follow up with the store to find out more about their upgrade and maintenance policies? I don't recall but the stone comes with a lab report? If you plan to insure your ring, having the report helps a lot should the insurance company need to replace it.
This ring isn't from the same store, it's from Joe Escobar, but it'd be good to ask them for their policies.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke,
Thanks for the correction. I am obviously not paying enough attention to what I am reading!

emmy_em

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for this thread!! This is exactly what I have been looking for :love:

I really hope they are willing to work with someone from Australia

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
emmy_em|1383788562|3551926 said:
Thank you so much for this thread!! This is exactly what I have been looking for :love:

Are you thinking that you would have them source the stone as well as build the ring for you?

emmy_em

Rough_Rock
Yes, that would be ideal. I was looking at their showcase and their gemstone rings look to be of great quality for the price.

minousbijoux|1383790595|3551947 said:
emmy_em|1383788562|3551926 said:

Are you thinking that you would have them source the stone as well as build the ring for you?

emmy_em

Rough_Rock
Eringnewbie would you be able to attach a photo showing the profile view of the ring. It would be much appreciated :love:

emmy_em

Rough_Rock
How much does this one differ from the smaller one? I am possibly going to purchase it :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why did I get the idea that it wouldn't work with Escobar because of your location in Australia? Was that someone else in a different thread? :confused:

emmy_em

Rough_Rock
They have had a hard time in the past shipping internationally so were happy to work with us if we organised our own shipping, which is fine by us. Currently my fiancé is designing a custom ring with them, which is very exciting.

minousbijoux|1384400296|3556167 said:
Why did I get the idea that it wouldn't work with Escobar because of your location in Australia? Was that someone else in a different thread? :confused:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
emmy_em|1384475070|3556699 said:
They have had a hard time in the past shipping internationally so were happy to work with us if we organised our own shipping, which is fine by us. Currently my fiancé is designing a custom ring with them, which is very exciting.

minousbijoux|1384400296|3556167 said:

Oh yay!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results