shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on a 1.5ct Round, please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Thisisthat

Rough_Rock
1.54 cts
Round Brilliant
7.51 - 7.46 x 4.47mm

Total Depth: 59.7%
Table Width: 60%
Crown Height: 14%
Pavillion Depth: 43%
Girdle Thickness: Medium

Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None

Clarity Grade VS2

Graining: Nil

Color Grade: I

Fluorescence: None

Price: 7050 USD

I''m not a wealthy person, so this diamond is stretching my budget to the absolute max. I want to get the absolute best diamond I can find for the price. It''s important to me that the diamond not have any visible inclusions in it from ANY angle, not just from the top (thus my considering a VS2- although I realize that''s no guarantee, but I''ve been assured this diamond is clean from all angles).

The report is by EGL, and my understanding is that they are especially lenient when it comes to the color. Should this be a concern for me?

In your opinion, would it be better to find a diamond that''s a little larger and sacrifice the cut quality and polish/symmetry, or should I go even smaller in order to get an ''Ideal Cut'' (this diamond is supposedly a ''Premium Cut'')?

Anyway, any input you might have would be wonderful.

P.S. Thank you to everybody on Pricescope. You''ve all been a fantastic source of information and a great help. Thank you so much.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome
35.gif
This diamond might look very nice. it scored well on the HCA. The table is on the large side. The girdle might be better if it was slightly thin to thick.
36.gif
The I colour may be a concern with EGL unless you don''t mind a tiny tint of warmth, although it might be a strong I it might not and could even be a K as EGL can grade 2 grades higher than the diamond deserves. One thing, is is EGL USA certed ? A VS2 could be a good choice for you if you are absolutely set on not seeing any inclusions at all, bear in mind some SI''s can be very clean if you need to continue your search, probably VS would be best in your case. It would be a horrible mistake to sacrifice cut quality for size or any other C, you would forever regret it each time you look at the diamond, man has the most contol over a diamond''s beauty and this means cut so get the best cut you can. Also don''t go so much by vendors Ideal and Premium cuts, they don''t mean a lot so study up on cut proportions and look at each diamond''s own merits regardless of the label slapped on it by a vendor. There is also the Holloway Cut Advisor at the top to help you further and you can post here as you have done. This diamond might have possibilities, is it with an online vendor?

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
It sounds like a nice diamond for the price. I tend to be one of those around here that worry less about the numbers (with in reason) and care what it actually looks like in person. Have you seen this stone in person? I just got a diamond with almost the same specs. Most people who responded to my post regarding that diamond made comments about the 60% table, the fact that it was EGL certified "I" color and what not. I bought it anyway for $7100. It really is an "I" . I compared it to two other GIA certified stones that the B&M had, as well as a J for good measure. I couldn''t be happier with my purchase. If it looks good in person, then I think it is a great price.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a point about the numbers, just because a diamond doesn't always fall within the ideal parameters doesn't mean it can't be a beautiful diamond and the eyes are the only judge. However the numbers are a useful starting point to get an idea of a diamonds proportions and optical performance, especially with online buying where you can't see the diamond prior. Some also prefer a larger table etc or slightly deeper. With the EGL cert, just be aware that EGL USA can be a great deal, but be careful if it is EGL Antwerp or Israel, the grading standards of these can be very lenient by all accounts. That aside, if you are interested in this diamond, most vendors have a good return policy, take a look and get an independant appraisal during the return period to make sure the diamond checks out. I too have an EGL USA certed diamond and I love it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Good luck and hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results