shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on 1.3ct Round Diamonds from Ritani

just_browsing

Rough_Rock
Good Morning. I think I've advanced from browsing to ready to purchase, so I've come here for your expert advice on these 2 diamonds! Both are ~1.3 carats and I know both have higher than preferred crown angles, but they score well on HCA and the price is right. I've also requested ASET or idealscope images and will update when I receive them. I will be previewing one of these diamonds at Steve Padis. Does anyone have any experience with Ritani or Steve Padis?

I am leaning toward Diamond 1 (H Color) because I am a little concerned about medium yellow flour of Diamond 2 (G color) even though 2 has a higher color grade. Both are GIA cert diamonds. I look forward to your thoughts. Thanks.

Diamond 1 (HCA 1.3)
diamond_1_14.jpg
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: VS2
Cut Grade: Excellent

Depth: 62.3 %
Table: 56 %
Crown Angle: 35.5°
Pavilion Angle: 40.6°

Girdle: Slightly Thick, Faceted, 4.0%

Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent

Fluorescence: Medium Blue

Clarity characteristics: Crystal, Needle

Diamond 2 (HCA 1.4) Slightly Smaller
diamond_2_12.jpg
Color Grade G
Clarity Grade VS2
Cut Grade Excellent

Depth: 62.4 %
Table: 56 %
Crown Angle: 35.5°
Pavilion Angle: 40.6°

Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 4.0%

Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent

Fluorescence Medium Yellow

Clarity characteristics: Cloud, Needle

just_browsing

Rough_Rock
They have posted the videos for both diamonds since I first posted. I am still waiting too see if I can get any light performance images.
Diamond 1
https://www.ritani.com/diamonds/round-diamond-1-38-Carat-H-color-GIA-certified/D-JWF1Q0?search_key=D-JWF1Q0
Diamond 2
https://www.ritani.com/diamonds/round-diamond-1-34-Carat-G-color-GIA-certified/D-J1NYFW?search_key=D-J1NYFW

The carbon inclusions that I can see in the video for diamond 1 concern me. I've scheduled an appointment with their gemologist and will ask if it is eye clean. Also, looking at the images side by side, it appears there is a significant color difference that I was not expected between a G and H stone. However, it looks like the two backgrounds have a slightly different tint as well which could be affecting the color.

Is there anything else I should ask when I speak with the gemologist?

just_browsing

Rough_Rock
I just heard back from Ritani and there are no light performance images available for these diamonds. I have a call with the gemologist scheduled for this week, so I will try to push him for some images. Does anyone have any experience dealing with Ritani? I was leaning toward buy from Ritani due to their in store preview.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results