shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions needed on men''s titanium bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
DH and I will be celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary this month. Last year, we switched out my original YG setting for palladium. Now, I would like to switch my DH from his original YG band to a titanium band. I am torn between two different styles offered by Bruce Boone at boonerings.com and would love some opinions on which way to go.

The first is a traditional style with a brushed finish...

edgeband1.jpg

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
The second is a traditional band with three grooves. I like the three grooves as they would represent our two sons and me. I was thinking this would be cool in a brushed finish as well.

DH is a simple guy. All he wears is the Tag watch I gave to him at the time of our engagement and his plain YG band. Either of these styles from Bruce Boone would suit him well and would allow for the band to match the metal of his watch.

Thoughts? Opinions?

tripleaccents.jpg

I <3 Diamonds

Rough_Rock
I like the second one and the symbolism behind it!!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 2nd one, I like them a little shiny, I am looking to buy my hubby one as well, he currently has a yellow gold band with 1/2 ct of diamonds, but he is just to hard on it, so titanium seems like the way to go
2.gif

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to add my two cents regarding titanium wedding bands. My beloved and I both had matching titanium bands for a while, and then he decided to try tungsten. He much prefers the tungsten over the titanium. The tungsten is nearly 2 years old, and there is nary a scratch on it. The titanium got quite scratched in a short period of time. I should add that he works with his hands all day, and the ring does get banged around a bit, but has held up wonderfully. I am not wanting to change your mind on the ring, but I did want to make you aware of our situation regarding titanium.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the second one...and what the grooves would symbolize to you.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the second one. Fi is considering something similar. It''s so elegant, yet entirely masculine. Plus, I like more unique things, and the second is definitely more unique, yet still very calssic.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I am going with option #2. I was already leaning in that direction and you guys sealed the deal. Now, I have decide whether to do a polished or brushed finish. My big question... will the brushed finish remind him of our refrigerator?!? LOL!

DH works with his hands all day... typing stuff into spreadsheets. He is an accounting manager. So, I am not too concerned about a polished finish taking a beating. However, DH is also the kind of guy who likes to work outside in the yard. And he never takes his ring off. This is why I was considering the brushed finish.

I am going to ask DH which finish he prefers. He does not know what rings I am looking at so the style is on me. But I think that he should have some input regarding finish.

I''ll let you guys know which finish he prefers!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 9:00:45 AM
Author: Joolskie

I am going to ask DH which finish he prefers. He does not know what rings I am looking at so the style is on me. But I think that he should have some input regarding finish.

I think that''s a great idea!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 9:46:18 AM
Author: Ellen

meee tooo!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 9:49:04 AM
Author: belle

I'll let you guys know which finish he prefers!
I think that's a great idea!
meee tooo!

Okay guys. I nixed the surprise idea. After giving it some thought... not only did I ask him what finish he likes, I asked him which ring he likes! LOL! We are at the point in our marriage where surprises are not necessary. Especially when he is the man who will be wearing the ring. So, I told him that I would like to get him a new ring for our anniversary, had him go on the Boone Rings site and take a look.

And it is a good thing I did. My instincts were correct. He is not all that fond of the two I selected. LOL! He actually likes the plain band and those with the flat profile like the one attached. I'll let you know what he picks out!

edgelip1.jpg

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
I like the flat profile, in fact it is very similar to the one I have purchased for Rog, only in platinum. Rog sounds a lot like your DH. He definetely nixed anything with diamonds, or any fancy trim. He said, plain, plain, plain, flat, flat, flat.

The only reason we chose not to go with Titanium is that he is a referee and he would have to be taking it off all the time, in case he breaks his finger - titanium is great for its durability, but not if you have to cut it off quick - in fact, it really won''t cut off! I also have a thing for numbers, so I like the second one with the three grooves for your sentimental reasons, but we gotta give them what they like, since they are so good at giving us what we like!

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/8/2007 1:43:59 PM

Date: 10/8/2007 9:49:04 AM
Author: belle

meee tooo!

Okay guys. I nixed the surprise idea. After giving it some thought... not only did I ask him what finish he likes, I asked him which ring he likes! LOL! We are at the point in our marriage where surprises are not necessary. Especially when he is the man who will be wearing the ring. So, I told him that I would like to get him a new ring for our anniversary, had him go on the Boone Rings site and take a look.

And it is a good thing I did. My instincts were correct. He is not all that fond of the two I selected. LOL! He actually likes the plain band and those with the flat profile like the one attached. I''ll let you know what he picks out!
Jools,
I bought a titanium band exactly like the one you''re look at for my FF and I bought it years ago when the price of titanium was extremely low. He gets sooo many compliments on his ring. Everyone asks him "WHERE did you get that ring? I love it!" (granted, it''s mostly women asking him) That ring is extremely durable and he has absolutely beat the crap out of that ring and you can hardly tell. I bought titanium so it would withstand him DJing and we he wouldn''t have to worry about it bending, tarnishing, or breaking while he''s lifting heavy equipment. So, basically I really like you DH''s decision, but then again i''m biased.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results