shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions needed on a ring design!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Candice

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,
I would really appreciate some opinions on a ring. I love katealt''s rose gold and amethyst ring from LOGR, I am wondering if a pink tourmaline would look good in the same rose gold setting? or should i stick with white gold?
any opinions appreciated!! also the diamond quality SI3? should i upgrade? any ideas how much LOGR charge?
thanks in advance
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2010 8:37:30 PM
Author:Candice
Hi everyone,
I would really appreciate some opinions on a ring. I love katealt's rose gold and amethyst ring from LOGR, I am wondering if a pink tourmaline would look good in the same rose gold setting? or should i stick with white gold?
any opinions appreciated!! also the diamond quality SI3? should i upgrade? any ideas how much LOGR charge?
thanks in advance
1.gif
I recently purchased a LOGR legacy that I had to return because the diamonds were more like I-3 ot I-4 quality. On prior purchases of this ring, I had much better diamonds. Therefore, I have to say you're taking a risk without upgrading the diamonds. To upgrade, it is $249/ct (it states this in his listings) and if you mulitply the carat weight by the price, it will tell you how much the cost is. I think there's about a half carat of diamonds on the LOGR legacy, and all his listings provide the approx. carat weight of the ring in question. I suspect it will be around $120 to upgrade the diamonds on that piece.

As for the pink tourmaline in rose gold, it really depends on the tourmaline itself. Does the tourmaline shift to a more orange color in certain lighting? Is it a vivid pink or a less saturated pink? Is it light, medium or dark in tone? There are so many shades of pink tourmaline, that it's difficult to tell without at least a photograph of it. The metal color might look nice on the pink tourmaline, or it might swallow it up, it depends on the color.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love rose gold with pink tourmaline! IMO pinks and purples are the best colors for RG. I have a nice pink tourmaline in RG (purchased from Overstock so it''s not the greatest quality, I think 10kt gold)...will have to take a picture some time if I can remember.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not too familiar with the quality of LOGR’s melees but can advise on the rose gold issue. The problem with pink tourmaline is that they come in so many shades of pink with some that doesn’t look good in rose gold. Depending on the stone, the colour might be overpowered by the copperish colour, or it might look brownish if it shows hints of orange, or some other issue or it might be a perfect fit. My advice is to wait until you have the stone in hand. Place it next to a white metal setting and a copper penny to see which colour suits it best and you’ll know for sure then.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results