shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this Square H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

antigoon

Rough_Rock
I'd like your comments on this diamond.
Square cushion H&A
(The link has H&A, sarin, brilliantscope results.)

And the diamondcalc results are shown below.

From the diamondcalc, H&A, and Brilliantscope results, it looks like a beauty to me.

But I've become a bit of a nut for the numerical specs of diamonds. Which means I've only been studying round brilliants, because they are the most understood. So altough I really prefer a squarer shape, I'm scared about purchasing a fancy becuase it's not easy to compare measurements against known benchmarks.

• What do you think of this diamond?
  • Is a depth of 71.6% too big? Should it be <=70% ?
  • How would it compare to the best round brillant H&A?

Any opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated by this nervous fiance-to-be.

Thanks, Steve

gemadvis.gif

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Hi antigon

For this type of cut 71.6 is excellent,

These diamonds are really spectacular for the lovers of square shapes

Johan

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2005 12:24:21 AM
Author:antigoon

Is a depth of 71.6% too big? Should it be <=70% ?
This one appears very bright - so the proportions are right from that point of view. It probably is smaller than a round of same weight, but that might be accounted for by the cost or... covered by your prefference for the square shape.

The scale of the GemAdviser is the same for all shapes, so if that score reads "very good" it is top among all diamonds, not just squares. This should begin to answer the question "how does this compare with a round"
34.gif

Hope this helps
1.gif

samuelnng

Rough_Rock
i do agree that every available specs is important but sadly i wish to share with u that no matter what equipment is being used,ie sarin,i see 2 etc.there is always the possibilties of error,why simply because the calculation u are looking at is a mean number of all the facets.so certain crown facet may be too steep while the other opposite is too shallow,causin a error in computing,another possibility is how the table of diamond is placed,supposely,the table facet is not parrallel due to incompetent faceting.the stats u get will be affected usually by ar 2-5%.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2005 6:57:14 AM
Author: samuelnng
i do agree that every available specs is important but sadly i wish to share with u that no matter what equipment is being used,ie sarin,i see 2 etc.there is always the possibilties of error,why simply because the calculation u are looking at is a mean number of all the facets.so certain crown facet may be too steep while the other opposite is too shallow,causin a error in computing,another possibility is how the table of diamond is placed,supposely,the table facet is not parrallel due to incompetent faceting.the stats u get will be affected usually by ar 2-5%.

while what you say is true to some extent if you had bothered to go to the linked page the full sarin data is avaiable listing all the facets.
Jon at gog is a sarin master and gets top results from his equipment.
Next time you want to spread FUD check the info first.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Geeze Strm! Bad day today?
2.gif

I did check the link and unless I missed it, I did not see a diagram measuring all the facets. There could be room for error. But, from what I have gathered about Good Old Gold, I am sure this stone is a great perfomer regardless.

Antigoon, my concern would be with the feather that could be close enough to break through the surface at the girdle. Does it break through?

I guess the question is have you seen the diamond with your own eyes, and if so, what did you think of it? You really have to see fancy stones and compare them yourself to find the one that you can''t live without! I would think that the depth may enhance the scintillation rating it got, but again you have to see it for yourself to know if you love the stone.

Good luck!

9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
On the gog page click the button that looks like this one and it will show you the sarin file with all the facets.

DIAVISBTN.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Strm, I tried it. Can''t get it to come up on my computer. Are all facets close to the same measurement?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2005 12:55:45 PM
Author: strmrdr

while what you say is true to some extent if you had bothered to go to the linked page the full sarin data is avaiable listing all the facets.
Jon at gog is a sarin master and gets top results from his equipment.
Next time you want to spread FUD check the info first.
Hello, pot?????? Kettle calling.....LOUDLY.
31.gif
31.gif
9.gif

antigoon

Rough_Rock
Hey hey hey. Why can't we all be friends?
And let's not get the original topic too side-tracked.

Anybody else have any comments on the stone?

Thanks,
Steve

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
icelady,
Looks good to me.
Not as tight as the best of the best h&a rounds but well within the very good catagory.

antigoon,
As icelady said check on the inclusion.
Otherwise it looks like a real nice example.

AL,
Good afternoon to you 2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results