shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this diamond?

Kyl

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

I am looking to get an H&A diamond for better sparkle, fire, and scintillation.

I just wanted to get your expert opinion on this diamond as I'll be setting it on an 18k yellow gold with 6 prongs.

Clarity characteristics say crystal and cloud, I've asked the JA rep's opinion on whether the diamond is milky or not, he/she said it doesn't appear to be one.

Thank You

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash has these SIC ACAs available:

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to get your expert opinion on this diamond as I'll be setting it on an 18k yellow gold with 6 prongs.

Clarity characteristics say crystal and cloud, I've asked the JA rep's opinion on whether the diamond is milky or not, he/she said it doesn't appear to be one.

Thank You

Unless you’re absolutely tied to James Allen, I’d pick one of the several ones dejawiz suggested. Aca’s are stunning and their trade in policy is fantastic!

Kyl

Rough_Rock
Hi @jewels4life and @DejaWiz,

Thank you for your quick replies. If you don't mind could you let me know what could be wrong or not up to the H&A quality about this diamond so I can understand better as to what else to look for?

Thank You once again.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The JA diamond is not a hearts and arrows diamond. Go to the Whiteflash home page and read their detailed information on super ideal cut diamonds. Very informative!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi @jewels4life and @DejaWiz,

Thank you for your quick replies. If you don't mind could you let me know what could be wrong or not up to the H&A quality about this diamond so I can understand better as to what else to look for?

Thank You once again.

It's what I would call excellent cut quality, but not pinnacle/SIC (super ideal cut).
There is some very slight light leakage going on in the pavilion area (light reddish/pinkish ring under the table facet):

Screenshot_20220817-183606.png

For the money, Whiteflash has this one beat, hands down.
As another perk, WF has a superior upgrade program compared to JA.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
It's what I would call excellent cut quality, but not pinnacle/SIC (super ideal cut).
There is some very slight light leakage going on in the pavilion area (light reddish/pinkish ring under the table facet):

Screenshot_20220817-183606.png
For the money, Whiteflash has this one beat, hands down.
As another perk, WF has a superior upgrade program compared to JA.

@DejaWiz is there something about the proportions that is creating the slight leakage? Thank you!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Hi Guys,

Thank You

How do you feel about this color? Quite visible.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz is there something about the proportions that is creating the slight leakage? Thank you!

No, not the proportions, per se...they're spot on. Could be some wonkiness with the girdle facets.

Tanalasta_01

Rough_Rock
Premium
Another (long time - >5 year) customer of WF. They vet their diamonds closely and the chat / customer representatives can hold ; then actually look at the diamond for you to address any concerns.

If you have already purchased the diamond, then it likely will still be very good. We're splitting hairs here based upon ASET images etc... On a ring, unless you had the two side by side most wouldn't be able to tell the difference. And even then.

However, to answer the next question, yes, the WF ACA 'are better diamonds'.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz isn’t that an ASET image shown? Thank you!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz isn’t that an ASET image shown? Thank you!

Image-Scope is shown (the one I posted earlier).
Has a slight pinkish ring under the table, indicating some areas of slight light leakage.
Concerning? Meh...to a few more than others.
I'd probably call it excellent and not worrisome, but not pinnacle/outstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Image-Scope is shown (the one I posted earlier).
Has a slight pinkish ring under the table, indicating some areas of slight light leakage.
Cornering? Meh...to a few more than others.
I'd probably call it excellent and not worrisome, but not pinnacle/outstanding.

Thanks so much @DejaWiz GIA education does not get into imaging so I have to learn it here. So image-scope and ASET both needed, or really most important is ASET?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much @DejaWiz GIA education does not get into imaging so I have to learn it here. So image-scope and ASET both needed, or really most important is ASET?

Either, for an MRB/RBC.
ASET reveals a bit more detail and can be used with any shape.

Kyl

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

Thank you for the help and education.

@DejaWiz if you were to choose one out of the 3 you suggested which one would it be?

Thank You

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Thank you for the help and education.

@DejaWiz if you were to choose one out of the 3 you suggested which one would it be?

Thank You

This one right here

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results