shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Espresso

Rough_Rock
I would like some opinion on a stone and price range it should fall in? Here are the specs.

Weight: 1.53
Shape & Cut: Round Brilliant Cut
Measurements: 7.38 x 7.35 x 4.63mm
Proportions: Excellent
Dept %: 62.8%
Table Diameter %: 56%
Crown Height: 15%
Pavilion Depth: 43%
Girdle Thickness: Thin to Medium Faceted
Finish Grade: Excellent
Purity/Clarity Grade: SI1
Color Grade: F
Certificate: EGL

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This diamond might be worth a look as it scored well on the Holloway Cut Advisor. It is just a tad on the deep side, but so is mine and it is beautiful!
30.gif
30.gif
The colour and clarity seem good, is it EGL USA? If it is another EGL Lab you might want to be careful as they can grade higher than the diamond deserves but if it is EGL USA fine IMO. Bear in mind that even with some EGL USA graded diamonds they can be actually a grade or two lower with colour and clarity than the cert says, but if it is a clean diamond that might be fine and the colour could actually be an H, might be fine too. Have you seen this diamond? What is the price? EGL graded diamonds are normally less than GIA certed. Are there any others you are interested in? If you want to look at this one, get an independant appraisal during the return period to make sure it checks out. Hope this helps and welcome
35.gif

Espresso

Rough_Rock
I have seen the stone in person and side by side with an H color SI1 GIA stone. The EGL stone had a lot more sparkle and the color difference was very obvious. I asked for the jeweler to find me an ideal cut stone and the specs on the EGL falls within the ideal cut range if I''m not mistaken. The other GIA stone I saw was not ideal so the side by side comparison made me choose the EGL. The EGL certificate is from Antwerp and not from a EGL USA lab so until I can get an appraisal I don''t know how accurate the EGL certificate is although the stone looks great in person and even in low lighting.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a big advantage that you have seen the diamond and it" speaks" to you. If I was in your position, I would get that appraisal during the return period to make sure that it checks out, especially as it was graded by EGL Antwerp, but apart from that it sounds as if you are on your way to buying a lovely diamond!
30.gif
30.gif
Grading and numbers aside, if you find a diamond you love and will bring you joy, that is all that matters and what diamonds are FOR so best of luck, let us know how the appraisal turns out and if you buy this one! BTW please post pics if you do get it! Good luck!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results