shape
carat
color
clarity

OPI Nail Polish Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

After I read a lot of suggestions in the tread call "Let''s talk about nails" I decided to buy an OPI nails polish.

Yesterday I bought in Sephora OPI Dear Diary.

Well, I tried more than 5 times with out success. I tried using a little bit polish, a lot of polish, doing several coats. And every time I did my nails, the color did not look uniform. I tried applying a different brand (Estée Lauder) and it looks perfect uniform.

opideardiary.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I love almost all OPI polishes, but I have had issues with a couple of them looking streaky. Did you use a basecoat? That may help.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2010 9:50:33 AM
Author: elrohwen
I love almost all OPI polishes, but I have had issues with a couple of them looking streaky. Did you use a basecoat? That may help.
I did not use basecoat
8.gif
. I just start in the nail polish world
3.gif
so this are my only 2 nail polish. I have a top coat but I don''t have a basecoat. Maybe I should try that.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
Buff your nails a bit to remove any ridges. You can get buffers at any drugstore. they are the very fine files you can also use lightly on the tops of your nails.

Try a base coat, then two very light coats of the colored nail polish (wait 5-10 minutes between each coat).

Some nail polishes just are streaky, so it might not solve the problem, but this is your best bet.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always have this problem with OPI polish. It only happens with the lighter colors too.

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
As an OPI fan who owns around 20 different OPI polishes, I second what everyone else has said. Definitely buff your nails in order to get rid of the ridges and use a basecoat as well...both will help. Light OPI cremes (French mani colors) are usually streakier than other colors in their collection. Also, I''ve found that doing two THIN coats of these light colors really helps eliminate streaks. Good luck!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all the advices. I''m going to buy a basecoat during the weekend, and I will be back with the results
11.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I love OPI''S colors but they take forrrreeeeevvvveeerrrrrrr to dry. I finally just started using other brands because I was so sick of waiting 45 minutes and then having it smudge. Although I do find that keeping nail polish in the refrigerator helps with streaking.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results