shape
carat
color
clarity

Online shopping advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kobe

Rough_Rock
Would you recommend searching for a diamond by getting the quote through the search on Pricescope first and worrying about who the dealer is after finding the right stone or just going to a reputable online dealer''s site and looking for a diamond that''s close to the specs that I want?

I prefer the latter because I''ve never bought anything this expensive online and want to purchase from someone with a solid reputation, but I also wanted to get your opinions first. Any recommondations for an online dealer that I can get a diamond and setting? I''ve read that Whiteflash and Dirt Cheap Diamonds seem good but I''m looking for a few more suggestions as well.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmmmmm....

drkewl

Rough_Rock
I would check the FAQ section and look up the post on 'online vendors'. It hasn't been updated in about 6 months or so but is a great start.

Whiteflash and GoodOldGold seem to be the fan favorites around here due to their excellent service and diamonds. A few others that come to mind are NiceIce, winfields (winkjones.com)... uhhh i'm blanking because its late... just look at the FAQ
1.gif

Blue Nile, the BIGGIE online diamond retailer, is overpriced compared to our PS dealers from my surfing analysis (please feel free to compare).

also use the search function, that will help you out as well. Best of luck and welcome!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
P.S. The search by cut database particularly here largely features trusted vendors, with WF, DCD, and GOG featured prominently. GOG is known for expertise and analysis, WF covers the waterfront, including the top, and DCD is known for value. I had used DCD (as they were close to me), sought value, and found it, using the two pronged strategy below my signature. Depending on "where you're at," any of these and more of the vendors who partake here, I've found from reading here, can be counted on. One nice thing about the boards here...they tend to make the experience with the vendors more transparent than they otherwise could be. You can search for past experience readily, and doing so can serve you well.

Regards, and best wishes,

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are some dealers on the PS search I wouldn''t personally deal with so who has the diamond is a big part of it.
In general unlesss its one of the more common combos its better to pick a couple vendors who show up in the search and on thier websites having goods in that range your looking at and work with them.

www.goodoldgold.com
www.diamondexpert.com
www.winkjones.com
www.niceice.com

are some id add to your list to check out.

cqdiep

Rough_Rock
Try McGivern''s (overnightdiamonds.com); I bought a 1 ct diamond from them, and they''re great with email replies to your questions, even with crown and pavillion numbers. And they have a good inventory too.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
If this is your "first big purchase" over the internet and you feel that some personal service might help make you feel better, I can personally reccomend Good old Gold. They do have lots of shapes, and the personal service is fantasic. Whether by e-mail, phone (and I even visited in person) - they do a lot to make you feel comfortable and will walk you through any stone or purchase and hold your hand as much as you like.

Athough I personally haven't purchased from Whiteflash - I have also heard equally good customer service and dealings with them.

I am comfortable with buying over the net. I bought 2 diamonds, 2 cars, a house, and almost every major purchase over the internet as I can find WAY more information, better prices and better customer service then any retail outlet I've been in. That includes travel, international travel, wedding dress.. MY DOG! YIKES.. the only thing I buy not over the net is groceries..lol.. and I know I can do that..
1.gif

Seriously though - you've come to the right place to learn - whereever you end up buying..

kobe

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results