shape
carat
color
clarity

One ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
I am back after a while of searching, waiting, and buying the wrong stuff.
8.gif
So I thought I would come to the experts. an all in one wedding ring. Here is what I am looking for:

* a wide band wedding band that tapers in the back OR a wide band e-ring (I would reset my diamond)
* an everyday ring
* I very much like filigree and an antique look. I tried on a Simon G band and it looked awful on my short size 5 fingers.
* I want some bling but maybe not diamonds...I really like blues, greens, and purples
* my budget is about $3,000

I feel like I could go on and on...any thoughts? Any pictures of what I described?

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
I love the openness of the ring and the width....am thinking I might need a break from diamonds....I know I am among friend here so I can say that.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyday wear means that sapphires are the recommended gemstone. You can find blue sapphire bands pretty easily.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say that chrysoberyl and maybe even alexandrite (depending on the size required) might be good options; they certainly are durable enough. It''s actually the same mineral, chrysoberyl can be either minty or lime green, while alex changes (ideally) from forest green to purplish red. There''s also a color change chrysoberyl, which covers all the other color changes (except the one found in an alex). Would you consider only faceted stones or you might be interested in things like a star sapphire, or a cat''s eye?

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Ma re and Chrono - (((hug)))

What about garnets? Could that be an every day ring?

Here are my 3 "looks"

http://www.singlestone.com/images/catalog/zoom/S931.jpg

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://static.jewelsboutique.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/L/G/LGWR9948_1_1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.jewelsboutique.com/floral-wedding-band.html&usg=__e6ee7A3N1KycpjGBpo77Pox3k9M=&h=1500&w=1500&sz=196&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=h4sxW-eoM6tj0M:&tbnh=150&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfloral%2Bwedding%2Bbands%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dcom.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

or this

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://static.jewelsboutique.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/L/G/LGWR9948_1_1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.jewelsboutique.com/floral-wedding-band.html&usg=__e6ee7A3N1KycpjGBpo77Pox3k9M=&h=1500&w=1500&sz=196&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=h4sxW-eoM6tj0M:&tbnh=150&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfloral%2Bwedding%2Bbands%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dcom.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

But I would need the band to taper.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Bookworm!

Slightly confused here! Are you looking for just one ring or a wedding ring and a RHR or ER? If so, which need to have coloured gemstones?

I love the trilogy ring in your first link. Very pretty and you could certainly have that made with gemstones of your choice.

The second and third link appear to be the same - filigree wedding band? It''s lovely and something I would go for also. I too have short fingers and if I were going to wear this, it would have to be worn by itself otherwise I''d end up with sausage looking fingers!!! Not sure this would look right with coloured gemstones though.

In terms of colours you''re slightly limited if the ring needs to be durable and for everyday wear. If you are careful with your rings or willing to look at slightly less durable stones then this opens up the possibilities considerably. Garnets are generally less durable than Sapphires and range from about 6.5-7.5 on the MOHS scale:-

For everyday wear, if you''re not the gentlest on your rings, you''re probably limited to:
Blue - Sapphire is the obvious choice and comes in a variety of colours.
Red - Rubies or Spinels would be good.
Green - Mr Ma Re suggested Alexandrite but unless you have a healthy budget you should rule this out unfortunately. Chrysoberyl is more a yellow green but affordable so might be a possibility.

Not sure if that''s helped at all.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is quick since I''m running off to work but I had to chime in. I thought of this jeweler... sounds like it could be right up your ally.

http://www.greenlakejewelry.com/n_gallery2.asp

here are just a few examples... Tons of stuff to look at and they are sooo fast and responsive.

gl dt 1109.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garnets can be an everyday wear ring only if worn with a lot of care (removed when home, not worn doing housework, laundry, yard work, exercising, etc). A 3 stone is classic but I can’t get the other two links to work.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions...I am going to check out green / claypot some more. Since I don''t exercise, I don''t need to worry about that factor...
31.gif
But I am not easy on my rings and I fear when I take them off I will lose them.

I think my first post was confusing b/c I haven''t committed yet to a three stone or a wide wedding band...although I am leaning towards the band. Thank for running late to work to help me out!!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think w/Greenlake you have to save the picture and post it. I don''t think saving the page link works. Good job on making them clickable tho!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your linked worked, but you'll have to copy and paste the ring in question and attach it here. good luck, can't wait to see which rings you have in mind

ETA: Packrat and I posted at the same time
2.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha that''s funny-great minds and all!

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
sorry I have been trying to fix it!! Here is one

jack.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just becuase I''ve wanted a design like #2 for a while- I am totally voting for #2
30.gif

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
#3-- I would put a gemstone in these settings

jillywil.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everytime I see this thread title "One Ring", my mind automatically finishes "..To Rule them All" Haha, I''m a dweeb.

I love Greenlake''s work, they look fantastic!

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
So I wanted to update...I have started to convo with Greenlake jewelry. I am going to work with them using the picture beow as a jumping off place. This is my 1st ever custom project and I feel a little lost at sea. Plus Greenlake is on the opposite coast... so I feel a little nervous about not being able to try the ring on in a wax.

What kind of questions should I be asking?
I am going to place (most likely) a sapphire as the center stone. Should I let them source it or find it myself?

jackers.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2009 5:37:20 PM
Author: bookworm240
So I wanted to update...I have started to convo with Greenlake jewelry. I am going to work with them using the picture beow as a jumping off place. This is my 1st ever custom project and I feel a little lost at sea. Plus Greenlake is on the opposite coast... so I feel a little nervous about not being able to try the ring on in a wax.

What kind of questions should I be asking?
I am going to place (most likely) a sapphire as the center stone. Should I let them source it or find it myself?
congrats Bookworm on moving forward with them! they are very personable aren''t they?. I would probably try and find your own sapphire as you will be able to dictate what color and cut you want instead of them sourcing it (and you might be able to find it for less as well), but its up to you I never bought a gem from them so I cannot comment on the quality of sapphire they have.

I think if they can provide you with many CADs or pictures, you will be safe. You might also ask with that width of the ring will be and the bottom of the shank, and make sure that''s what you are comfortable with so you won''t be surprise by the width or lack thereof

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 7:22:36 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Everytime I see this thread title ''One Ring'', my mind automatically finishes ''..To Rule them All''

...In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie!

Ahem. You picked a great sounding jeweler; have fun! And remember your friendly neighborhood PSers can always help you find an awesome sapphire.
31.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/12/2009 10:54:50 PM
Author: jstarfireb

Date: 11/9/2009 7:22:36 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Everytime I see this thread title ''One Ring'', my mind automatically finishes ''..To Rule them All''

...In the land of Mordor where the shadows lie!

Ahem. You picked a great sounding jeweler; have fun! And remember your friendly neighborhood PSers can always help you find an awesome sapphire.
31.gif
I was holding out so bravely. I promised myself I wouldn''t post this!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
..."one ring to find them. One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them!" muahahahaha
27.gif

I''m glad I''m not the only one.

Back to the OP. Good luck with your search! First I''d find out if they will set an outside stone. If they do, then I would contact some of my favorite colored stone vendors to see if they have anything I might be interested. congrats!!

and I know you''ve already contacted some people, but I just had to throw this out here http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/62PP1/49/
(one day I promise I will learn how to make it clicky)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2009 12:32:06 PM
Author: kas baby
...''one ring to find them. One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them!'' muahahahaha
27.gif

I''m glad I''m not the only one.

Back to the OP. Good luck with your search! First I''d find out if they will set an outside stone. If they do, then I would contact some of my favorite colored stone vendors to see if they have anything I might be interested. congrats!!

and I know you''ve already contacted some people, but I just had to throw this out here http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/62PP1/49/
(one day I promise I will learn how to make it clicky)
they will. definitely enlist the PSer''s help in finding you the perfect stone

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I just checked out Green Lake''s website-- they have some beautiful designs! Absolutely stunning!! I can''t wait to see what they come up with for yours!!
2.gif

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results