shape
carat
color
clarity

one of my best friends got engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
One of my best friends (and BMs) emailed me today and told me that she is engaged too! She got engaged last weekend (the one before this past one).
1.gif
I am soo excited for her.. and I though you LIWs would be happy to hear the good news! She is getting married next march (Before me!).. I had no idea this was coming (I don''t even know if she did! THe first words in her email were "the unthinkable has happened" lol.. Wanna see her ring? I bet you do!
I thought I''d share the news!

5678473.JPG

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooooh!!!! Gotta love a gorgeous princess! Congrats and best wishes to her!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
awww. thanks.. I''m so excited for her.. almost as excited as I was for ME when I got engaged. But I just realized this mornign that I''m going to be the "old maid" of all my friends lol..
9.gif
. My friends from H.S. at least.. But Jeff''s sister is going to be my only non-married bridemaid. Its okay though. I''m so happy for her!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sweet!
1.gif
You should introduce her to PS, so she can be good and diamond-hungry by the time she''s buying her wedding band...
31.gif
9.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Lol GG - Do I Really WANT to doom her to that fate? I am such a diamond snob now.. I really wanted a princess diamond solitaire pendant for V-day, and I saw some at some maul stores for about $300, (1/4 carat) so I figured I would just have him get me one of those and I''d be able to deal with the fact that it was probably an I3 K-colored diamond..

Then yesterday I went and looked at one "real" jewelery store.. and the 1/4 carat for an SI2 I color was $500. I mean my e-ring is I SI2.. so I shouldn''t turn up my nose at that.. but I sort of did.. So I realized I''d NEVER be able to deal with a maul store stone again. So I looked on blue nile and found an I SI2 1/3 carat pendant for $420 (no cert though.. i don''t think). Plus no tax and there is 10% off discount code.. so it would be like $380. But I don''t think Jeff wants to spend that much.

Sometimes i wish I DIDN''T know.. I could have all the cheap diamonds I wanted.. and I wouldn''t know any better.. So I think I should let her not know too!

Melissa

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
MelissaSue, don''t believe all that "ignorance is bliss" stuff....although I know what you mean, PS has changed my window-shopping experience at "maul" stores forever.

CONGRATS for your friend!!! And don''t worry about being the last maid standing, so to speak....I was the only unmarried BM at the last few weddings and it was kind of fun....esp. since you KNOW yours is just 2 months later! Congrats again for your friend--how fun that you can plan together!!
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results