shape
carat
color
clarity

One age for the rest of your life??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
If you could be one age for the rest of your life, what time in your life would you pick? Keeping in mind time would stop for everyone else around you as well. And why was it so significant?

I would be 5 yrs old... It's the last time I can remember not having a care in the world, and I spent everyday with my mom, my dad, or bothers/sisters.
I remember my dad surprising me at day-care one summer morning. He skipped work, picked me up, and we spent the entire day at Six Flags. Just the two of us. It was one of the best days of my life!!
12.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I can''t think of one. I''d sure like to have who I am now in my ol'' 27 year old body though. Now that would be a hoot.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I wouldn''t want to be one age forever! I can''t wait to mature and rock that gorgeous short silver bob/bright red lips combo, I think it''s so sophisticated!

I did love being 21 and in college, though. I loved that my job was to take classes that interested me, and I was surrounded by like-minded people, and I could sleep in until ten every day and go out and take in a live band or meet up with good friends every night because I had seemingly limitless stores of energy. And there was something comforting in the fact that we were all poor college students, and a "nice dinner" meant going to the Olive Garden! Everything was so laid-back and intellectually stimulating back then, I relished every moment of it.

But it really is hard to say I''d like to be that age forever, because I have so many wonderful people in my life now that I didn''t even know back then.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 12:34:48 PM
Author:meresal

I remember my dad surprising me at day-care one summer morning. He skipped work, picked me up, and we spent the entire day at Six Flags. Just the two of us. It was one of the best days of my life!!
12.gif

That is really sweet, meresal. I love it when parents do things like that, I think they mean a lot more than any of us realize.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
I think my age now. I had the picture perfect childhood.. i grew up in a county club just outside of NYC with a beautiful house, great parents, siblings and the sweetest golden retriever ever.. but i was a really sick kid. my asthma put me in a coma and i was constantly in the hospital...

i love my life now. I just got engaged a month ago to a guy that i always wanted to find. my life is simple ,but it is pure contentment. we love being together and just sharing and living and doing everything together. I am also pretty healthy (knock on wood ) these days.. thank god!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked 21; I like my age now but when I was 21 I felt I could do anything or be anything. hehe Also, that is the year I met my dear Hubby! Plus I think I looked vera pretty at 21 w/out sounding stuck up.
2.gif
eta: I enjoyed working, going to college and sleeping in like Haven said. I felt like a sponge absorbing everything in school; I loved it!

I also loved the age of 8 when my sister and I would ride bikes all day during the summer months! It was fantastic and we got the other kids in the neighborhood to join in.
9.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 1:10:37 PM
Author: Skippy123
I liked 21; I like my age now but when I was 21 I felt I could do anything or be anything. hehe Also, that is the year I met my dear Hubby! Plus I think I looked vera pretty at 21 w/out sounding stuck up.
2.gif

Skip--you''re gorgeous now!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 1:11:42 PM
Author: Haven

Date: 7/25/2008 1:10:37 PM
Author: Skippy123
2.gif

Skip--you're gorgeous now!
Oh no, that isn't what I meant; I guess now I need nightcream, etc. Thank you Haven, you are too sweet and such a beauty!!!

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely 21! Undergrad comprised some of the best days of my life thus far (the ones I remember anyway!). I could close down the bars, pass out in bed, roll out of bed and go to a 7:30 class in my PJs, go back to bed until lunch, then have another class and be done for the day...ahhh...those were the good ol'' days.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m kind of on the same page as Haven. I don''t think I''d want to be just one age.

I look back at college and I remember I just wanted to graduate and move on with life and become a "real" adult. Now I''d love to go back to taking interesting classes and sitting around a pitcher of cheap beer on a Wednesday night. Also, my credit card used to mysteriously pay itself off every month. (of course there was always the REALLY angry voicemail from my dad at the beginning of the month I had to contend with... "I don''t think getting your hair colored is considered an emergency college expense, Liz!")

And I can''t BELIEVE I used to call myself "fat" in college! I was a size ZERO, maybe a TWO on a bloated day. Yes, now that I think about it, I might really enjoy going back to being 22 years old......

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Interesting question.

I would pick 40.

1-year brain surgery post-op. Still feelin'' the miracle and the love for life. Still stopping to smell the roses. Still cognizant of the fact that I made it.

That feeling is still with me (I''m 51 now) but the sense of renewal, second chances, and just gratitude to be alive was absolutely amazing...

Then of course day-to day life kicks in and I forget sometimes to smell the
emrose.gif
(yeah, I know, it''s a tulip but I''m doing my best here!).

LS

1.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I would have to say 26! Narrow it down furthur to the day my first son was born! I wish my boys were little again (they grow WAY too fast), and I could re-live the baby years again! I am not complaining about my age now (39), since I think I'm like a fine wine, and get better with age! LOL. I mean, I have gotten wiser, more knowledgeable, (less patient), more understanding, more compassionate, and have found myself (as opposed to the mid-late 20's)!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

10. It was right after my mom and dad reconciled (on brink of divorce) and right before he was diagnosed with Cancer (died 3 years later). That was an awesome age. We went to Coney Island every weekend, my dad had a ton of barbecues, and it was our last family vacation.

Although 19 was a good age too…I was single, partying, my bills were like $300 a month (LOL), I lost a ton of weight, and I was a very proud heartbreaker
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to be honest and say I love where I am right now. I didn''t have a great childhood, so becoming an adult and "growing up fast" was important to me. I''m proud of where I am right now, and that I got there on my own. I don''t, however, wish I could stay this age forever, because now that I''ve found FF, I feel like we have so much to look forward to in the future. I''m excited to move forward, and I rarely look back, because every day things get better for me.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh. I don''t know. I hated being a kid so I''d say any given year in my adult life. They''ve all been great...Some harder than others, but, all in all GREAT!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I would pick 12 or 17.....both were wonderful years for me.
I still listen to the music I listed to when I was twelve only because it brings back so many good memories (TLC Crazy Sexy Cool, anyone?
3.gif
).

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
33...only because it sounds a titch better than where I sit now, which is 35. So far, my 30''s has kicked butt over my 20''s, which were pretty awesome too.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
There are 2 ages with fond memories

The first was age 4. Not a care in the world. Very happy, and parents still were together and loved each other.

My favorate adult age was 18. Freshman in college, out on my own, adsorbing new information like a sponge, big dreams, no real responsibility.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
21 and a 1/2

or...18.

Both of those years were probably the best times of my life. Stressful, yes, but absolutely fun.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I love to grow and learn, so being one age wouldn''t work for me. I have gained many things from each year I''ve lived and I wouldn''t trade any of those experiences, good or bad, to be one age forever.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I''d say 18...so young and optimistic about life! College years were the best!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...tough one! One of the best experiences of my life was going to Europe and backpacking around for 2 months with my twin sister and Czech friend at age 17. But I hated high school (we left for Europe a week or two before our high school graduation) so I can''t say I loved that entire year of age 17.

I had a lot of fun at age 19, though...so I think I''d pick that age if I had to be just one age. However, I do enjoy where I am now! Plus I imagine all the shows and parties and people I hung out with would have gotten old if I had stayed 19 forever!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
My first year of grad school - I learned so much! Lots of stress (
32.gif
), but also lots of learning. I moved hundreds of miles away from home (as opposed to 40 miles away for college), lived in MY OWN PLACE (which is significant for someone who shared a room with 2 sisters growing up!), made my own friends, and made my own rules. I found myself that year and loved every minute of it!

So, 22 it is!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I also like the idea of aging. But if I had to pick one age, at would be the age I am right now.

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
well, i''m like traveling gal-my 30''s rocked. i really "grew into myself" and learned to love ME, warts and all(well i really don''t have warts but you know...) my 3 children were all in school, but still young enough to enjoy ie. no really bad attitudes yet
2.gif
and i was teaching part-time and loving it, and i was fit and having a good hair era, and dh and i were content and we were fairly fiscally comfortable...then i had two more babes in my 40''s, son got sick, dh got sick, a bad few years but now it''s picking up again, so really i think be happy in the skin you''re in at every age and cherish your life....
ps i guess i''m too "old" to ever want to be 21 again-fun times, but now i''m so much more comfortable with ME

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m 40, and I am very happy with my life right now. I''m happy with my career, I adore my husband, I love my friends and family. But I''d love to have my body back from the day before I was in a bad car accident at age 30.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I could pick one age. I like change too much.
26.gif

I''m actually really looking forward to my thirties. Right now I feel like there''s still a lot to figure out, which will be fun...but I''m looking forward to being able to relax with myself a little more. I don''t know. Everything I hear makes thirty sound much better than 22.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seventeen...I liked that year, and I really like the number 17 for some reason.
9.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I loved being 21. It wasn''t too long ago, so I might pick another year later in life!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Interesting thread.

I would pick 24. I was a newlywed and we traveled a lot. Loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results