shape
carat
color
clarity

On-line prices versus Jewlry Center stores

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lpress

Rough_Rock
I am shopping for a diamond pendant for my wife, and have two questions:

1. Are the online prices better than prices in a store in a Jewelry Center like the one in downtown Los Angeles?

2. Several Web sites have similar user interfaces, for example, Amazon and Blue Nile -- are these just different retailers selling the same items?

Larry

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Hi Larry...Welcome.
35.gif

Not sure how long you have been visiting PS...so I will tell you the general consensus is identify your budget and get the best cut you can. As opposed to finding the best deal as in price.

Why don''t you share with the board what your budget is...what you hope to find for your budget-as in shape of stone...etc. Many here would love to help you find the right stone for your project...Once you find it you can compare with that center...and odds are you will be more informed...and have a better insight as to BEST DEAL. And then you can make up your mind as a more informed consumer.
2.gif

DKS

shape...square, round, pear, etc????

lpress

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 11:55:48 PM
Author:why don''t you share with the board what your budget is...what you hope to find for your budget-as in shape of stone...etc.

She wants a round cut for a pendant. I am not set on the size and budget, but I guess it should be at least 1 carat. Could I get by for around $5,000?

Larry

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you try a diamond search (click on the spiderweb looking thing at the top left of this page), you'll see your $5k budget is right in line with a 1ct stone. If you take one of the first results from Whiteflash (a 1.01, H, VS2 for $4343), for example, you'd then have $657 left over for a setting. Their Bellerina, one of my personal favorites (and a Pricescoper creation), is one of their most expensive settings and in platinum is $660. That would leave you $7 under budget
9.gif
. If you chose white gold or a less expensive setting, you'd have even more wiggle room on your budget.

So yes, you can get a fantastic 1ct pendant with a fantastic setting for $5000 -- your budget will work great.

Your wife is a lucky lady, 1ct is a sizeable diamond for a pendant
31.gif

lpress

Rough_Rock
> 1.01, H, VS2 for $4343

I am a rookie -- if I were to improve on this would I be better off improving the color or clarity? Which is most noticeable to a layman''s naked eye?

> Their Bellerina, one of my personal favorites

I was thinking of a design where the relatively large diamond was surrounded by little diamonds (blowing the budget :). Would those small diamonds be called "chips?" Is there a way to get something like that online. or would I have to go to a store?

>(and a Pricescoper creation)

What do you mean by that? Is Pricescope tied to Whiteflash?

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results