shape
carat
color
clarity

On a mission....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
The other day my friend posted pictures of her wedding about eight years ago and I couldn''t believe how skinny I looked in that picture. Of course that was before I was dianosed with hypothyroidism and my younger brother died. In that picture I must have been about 135 (I am only 5''4"). I know that it is unrealistic to try to get back to your high school weight but I want to look like I did in that picture, not having to worry about double chins etc. Right now I am 174 so I would need to lose almost 40 lbs. Starting today I am only having water (I am a huge gatorade fan) and not having anymore ice cream (which I can consume massive amounts of). Since I am unemployed I have no reason not to exercise at least four times a week. I just wanted to post this publicly so that it helps me maintain my focus.
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Kudos to you on making some healthy changes. Join us in the healthy lifestyle thread if you like; you are always welcome! You can do it
35.gif
, check out spark people for help on calorie intake.

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Hey skippy, thanks for the advice. I actually purchased a bodybugg from 24 hour fitness awhile ago. I reactivated my membership and am going to start using that again. It is really cool because it tells you how many calories you burn when you work out and you go online to log your food intake. The program will let you know if you are within your calorie limits to get to your target weight.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
good for you museikchik!

substituting all drinks that contain sugar with water is one of the most simple ways to start and very healthy! I really get upset when I watch people who are not real athletes drink energy drinks like gatorade. it is really meant for people who will actually burn those calories off quickly. I even feel guilty when I have a little thing of orange juice as I have heard that it contains a lot of sugar as well. unfortunately I can''t stay away from ice cream so I''m not as strong as you, but when it starts getting really cold I should be able to stop. I''ve always drank a lot of green tea as I''m not a big fan of water. maybe a suggestion for you if you get sick of water.

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 10:31:26 AM
Author: noelwr
good for you museikchik!

substituting all drinks that contain sugar with water is one of the most simple ways to start and very healthy! I really get upset when I watch people who are not real athletes drink energy drinks like gatorade. it is really meant for people who will actually burn those calories off quickly. I even feel guilty when I have a little thing of orange juice as I have heard that it contains a lot of sugar as well. unfortunately I can''t stay away from ice cream so I''m not as strong as you, but when it starts getting really cold I should be able to stop. I''ve always drank a lot of green tea as I''m not a big fan of water. maybe a suggestion for you if you get sick of water.
Orange Juice is my favorite. I thought I was going to have trouble with the water thing but I have been doing it for two days now and it hasn''t been that bad. I actually am drinking more when I eat which is weird. I was proud of myself because I went to a BBQ yesterday and had the chance to grab a soda but I stuck to my water only rule. I didn''t go overboard with the food either, I limited myself to only one place and made sure I didn''t overload on any one thing. To be honest, I don''t really like green tea (I wish I did because I hear it is amazing for the body). Thank you for the suggestion though.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you making up your mind to work towards a healthier lifestyle. I am so sorry about your brother.

Skippy already referred you to Sparkpeople. It is a very helpful website. You mentioned a love of ice cream, I have Dreyer''s slow churned quite a bit and it is great. It is low fat and 1 serving is 62 only 120 calories. I have a diet scale and weigh out my food.

Good luck. Maybe join us in the Healthy Living Thread; you will find a lot of tips, help and support there.

Keep us posted.
Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results