shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG MWM Sunburst / Flame Hybrid!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
Check out Mark''s new work, the Torchiere: Flame / Sunburst Hybrid

The man is a genius craftsman
36.gif

Look at the symmetry of his work... his hand work is so precise I''d trust him to do brain surgery
37.gif

Seriously, each prong might only be a few microns off. His work is LOUPE CLEAN!

torchiere.JPG

anyjackie

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! I''m drooling...

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
holy COW - that is SERIOUSLY gorgeous!

If I were to move from a 3-stone to a solitaire - that''d be a strong contender.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, wow and wow!!! Love it!!!
30.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
SPECTACULAR! Can this ring be purchased as an empty mount?

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 10:11:55 AM
Author:echelon6
Seriously, each prong might only be a few microns off. His work is LOUPE CLEAN!
This is no joke. On my new sunburst, each prong is set at exactly the same point on the crown facets. It's true art.

beau13 - Mark will not sell empty mounts. ETA: I mean, he creates the setting per your stone measurements and prefers to set and complete the product.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it doesn''t get any better than that!!! if only i had an RB, i would have had decided upon my reset MONTHS ago and this would have been it!!!!
26.gif

ekynox

Rough_Rock
I just joined this site because of this photo. I love the mounting. I am shopping for an engagement ring for my girlfriend. Do you have any idea how much that setting is? It''s stunning.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
The pricing on Mark''s work depends on the size of the ring and stone (bigger ring size and bigger stone mean more metal is necessary). However, I am guessing (based on other prices for his work) that ring is close to 2000 just for the setting if made in platinum. You must supply your own center stone, and Mark sources his own accent stones. You can find a lot of info on his site, www.mwmjewelry.com.

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 5:52:55 PM
Author: ekynox
I just joined this site because of this photo. I love the mounting. I am shopping for an engagement ring for my girlfriend. Do you have any idea how much that setting is? It''s stunning.
Hi friend, welcome! Glad to hear you joined cos of my thread
1.gif

I can confirm his settings cost around the $2k mark for platinum. I''m currently getting my stone set in the Flame setting with accent diamonds for $2.1k - stone is 7.5mm in diameter

It varies per stone, but won''t vary by much. The main cost is not the materials, but the labour, which doesn''t vary much per differences in ring / stone size

Save yourself a bit of time and just go for a MWM if you want the best in terms of workmanship. Other more common platinum settings are around the $1.2k mark, but are not loupe clean in terms of symmetry and overall finish. That''s ok if that doesn''t bug you, but it bugs the hell out of me and some others here!

ekynox

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the kind welcome.
The setting is beautiful, but I simply will not be able to purchase that. Sadly, it is out of my price range (I would be shopping for gold though). Perhaps someday though.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love it!
30.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Holy crap, is that a beauty! What a piece of art! I am envious as my prongs are STILL off!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so happy that someone finally asked the question about price regarding Mark Morrell''s designs. I''ve been an admirer of his impeccable work for quite some time. I''ve only seen his settings for round brilliants though. How do you think he''d do with a pear shape? Does he do fancy shapes?

BTW, living on Long Island''s North Shore where thin air is so expensive, $2,000.- is very reasonable for perfection.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m strongly favouring this setting for a solitaire. The price is very reasonable considering the quality of workmanship. I wouldn''t hesitate to do this. I have one question though. Is it possible to get a WB that will sit flush with these settings?

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 8:52:32 AM
Author: lyra
I''m strongly favouring this setting for a solitaire. The price is very reasonable considering the quality of workmanship. I wouldn''t hesitate to do this. I have one question though. Is it possible to get a WB that will sit flush with these settings?

I''m sure Mark could make one. There''s one on the boards around here that he made to match the Sunburst - one sec...

Here''s the wedding band thread

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 5:01:44 AM
Author: gemgirl
I'm so happy that someone finally asked the question about price regarding Mark Morrell's designs. I've been an admirer of his impeccable work for quite some time. I've only seen his settings for round brilliants though. How do you think he'd do with a pear shape? Does he do fancy shapes?

BTW, living on Long Island's North Shore where thin air is so expensive, $2,000.- is very reasonable for perfection.

If you visit his site I think he has a pear ring posted. www.mwmjewelry.com

ETA: If you visit his site, check out the archives he has linked at the bottom. Plenty of non-RB rings in there.

Here it is:

MWMpears.jpg

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
His work is exquisite isn''t it

I''m currently waiting for him to make me a Flame solitaire (the one with the same crown as the pic above). Its been a few weeks, and will probably be a few weeks more - the wait is agony...

And he''s very hard to get a hold of as well - haven''t been answering calls / returning emails
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results