shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG!! 10ct Marquise Diamond Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Okay - I had a stressful weekend. My mom''s house in So. Cal. is right near one of the fires (as of now it looks like the fire just missed her house) so it''s been no fun these past few days. Too much worrying.

Well right before I got the call that my mom had to evacuate, I had been ring shopping. I got something fabulous but that will have to wait until another post....I know Gypsy, I am tease!

But I hope this ring will suffice!

I saw this 10ct K-L fancy brown color marquise diamond and I just had to try it on. Luckily with my PS friends in mind I had brought my camera and my hubby to take pictures. Besides I think this is the closest I''ll ever get to a ring like that! Unless anyone has a spare $100,000 for me?? Anyone???
28.gif

No? Well, at least I have these memories....

10ctMarquiseDiamond5.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
These are all in jewelry store lighting - even I don''t have the chutzpah to ask them if I could take photos of it outside...!

10ctMarquiseDiamond6.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I thought the prongs, especially the tips were quite well done on this. Not overkill like I have seen sometimes.

10ctMarquiseDiamond7.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Ok - now for the good stuff...

On the finger shots!!

Fits pretty well huh? If you think so could you email my hubby and tell him to get a second job so he could get this for me for Christmas?? (LOL)
9.gif
31.gif

10ctMarquiseDiamond4.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I hope these shots are giving you a good idea of what this looks like - Hubbs and I were trying to take them as quickly as possible because it felt totally weird to be taking photos of jewelry we don''t own. They were very nice about it at the store though.

10ctMarquiseDiamond3.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
These on the finger shots are much much browner than the diamond appeared to the eye. I think the diamond is picking up alot of the black background.

The shots on the little fake finger look more close to the actual color.

10ctMarquiseDiamond2.jpg

yamsicle

Rough_Rock
Sigh. Just stunning.

Thanks for the ring-****!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Holy good lord! That is huge!!!

Keep us updated about your mother, I hope everything turns out okay.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Last one (Sigh). This one gives you a better persective on the proportions. Massive! But still not Posh Spice size (LOL).

All kidding aside - I do think it looked pretty good on my finger.
1.gif

I''d probably feel really self-conscious wearing it - but I could probably get over that with some therapy, right?
9.gif
31.gif

10ctMarquiseDiamond.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. Gotta love a huge MQ. My grandma has the same setting but her MQ is much, much smaller. I think it is a classic look though.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY STARS! That thing is GINORMOUS!
I hope that your mom will be ok.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is some diamond! I am going to have to start putting my little digital camera in my purse. Tiffany''s will post a photo of me on the door - MARCY STAY OUT!!! LOL!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
That, I think, is the best look for a marquise..... massive!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I love this! I was never a fan of the marquise until I saw one in person. Lady A you have the long, elegant fingers to carry off this rock... I think it should be in your stocking this Christmas
2.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Holy original batman!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW that puppy is huge and lovely!! It''s funny how much more wearable than the 10 ct (or was it 11 carat?) round we saw at the last SF GTG. GREAT picture taking Lady A, and thank you for posting so quickly... I definitely can''t call you a tease!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the proportions on that Marquise!
face23.gif
(It''s my favorite shape.)

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 8:23:28 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
Last one (Sigh). This one gives you a better persective on the proportions. Massive! But still not Posh Spice size (LOL).

All kidding aside - I do think it looked pretty good on my finger.
1.gif

I''d probably feel really self-conscious wearing it - but I could probably get over that with some therapy, right?
9.gif
31.gif
WOW! It looks like it was made for your finger! Hold on, let me go ask DH for his wallet.....he said no......again
11.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I guess I''ll be the pooper in this thread. I like your other ring(s) much better than the marquise. It''s BIG! And I''m not loving the fancy brown color, it''s not dark enough. The diamonds you''ve shown me so far that you have are so incredibly stunning in comparison with that huge thing - I''d take them over the 10ct. Even though it is a 10ct. (wow....10ct.)

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
...let me add - not that I WOULDN''T take it if it was given to me....
9.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
So big... so shiny...
18.gif

Thanks for thinking of us and taking those pics
9.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 9:45:34 PM
Author: wolftress
Oh, I love this! I was never a fan of the marquise until I saw one in person. Lady A you have the long, elegant fingers to carry off this rock... I think it should be in your stocking this Christmas
2.gif
I''ll let my Hubby know you said so.
28.gif

In reality there is no way I could afford that ring. But the sweet thing is that Hubby said if he had the money he''d buy it for me in a heartbeat because "it looked so good" on me. I know he totally would too. Isn''t he a darling?

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 10:48:07 PM
Author: Gypsy
WOW that puppy is huge and lovely!! It''s funny how much more wearable than the 10 ct (or was it 11 carat?) round we saw at the last SF GTG. GREAT picture taking Lady A, and thank you for posting so quickly... I definitely can''t call you a tease!
Funny you say that because there was also a 4ct RB there that I tried on. It looked so odd that I didn''t even bother with pictures. I think RB''s in large sizes are harder to carry off because they have to sit up so high due to the cut. Also - that cut just obviously isn''t the best for my hand shape. It''s sort of frustrating because I think it is infinitely easier to find a nice RB than any other cut.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 10:30:10 AM
Author: tberube
Okay, I guess I''ll be the pooper in this thread. I like your other ring(s) much better than the marquise. It''s BIG! And I''m not loving the fancy brown color, it''s not dark enough. The diamonds you''ve shown me so far that you have are so incredibly stunning in comparison with that huge thing - I''d take them over the 10ct. Even though it is a 10ct. (wow....10ct.)
Well if that''s being a pooper, I''ll take it! LOL!

The marqiuse is really much much prettier in person. I agree that it is not brown enough to be a great fancy brown. I
30.gif
brown diamonds so it would have been exciting to see one that huge! Instead, I thought this one was an H or a I. That''s really more what it looks like in person. I think the cut was really nice and did a lot for the stone. It just sparkled in such a warm way - it gave the diamond a more "homey" soft charm that offset it''s gargantuan size.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
HELLO! Cool pics.
31.gif
31.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
WOW- WEEE. Thanks for thinking of us while you were shopping. This marquise looks good on you. It''s a mega diamond, but you can carry it. I agree, a RB when it gets huge is not my favorite. I definitely would buy a fancy shape if I ever went *huge*. (Not holding my breath
2.gif
)

Thanks for the eye candy!

Lv2shopp

Shiny_Rock
I am speechless, that is one big sucker, GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm....My diamond is an I. So to be fair I''d say it looks more like a K or L. But not necessarily like a "fancy brown" which I think usually is off the scale for white diamonds (beyond "Z"). Or that''s what I''ve learned so far (don''t mean to claim I''m any kind of expert).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2007 8:37:51 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I love the proportions on that Marquise!
face23.gif
(It''s my favorite shape.)
HI:

I love them too.............

cheers--Sharon

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Ok, I''ll take it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results