shape
carat
color
clarity

Old Lurker...New Poster...My Rings...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DesiLu

Rough_Rock
Howdy do, everyone!

Alright, so, I've been lurking for an entire FIVE years and decided to finally post (I really didn't have any reason to post prior to this!)...

I was married this past 23 December and would like to add my e-ring and w-ring to the "Pricescope Mix"...since it was through knowledge I gained here that I assisted my now-husband pick out my rings.

Don't know the exact specs--however I do know that the e-ring is a 1.13ctw princess-cut three-stone in white gold (was hinting for a trellis setting and/or a halo setting, but, alas, it's neither of those things ) SI-1, D-color.

The wedding band is also princess cut .75ctw, D-color VVS-1.
Ring size 5.5

So, here are the pics...

WRing90458.JPG

DesiLu

Rough_Rock
...and another closer view...

WRing90344343.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very lovely!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely indeed!!! Welcome out of lurkerdom!!!
35.gif

Lil0818

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! But I am partial because it looks so much like mine
2.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for showing us your lovely rings!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your beautiful rings.
36.gif
36.gif

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely set!!! Thanks for posting some eyecandy
35.gif

richipat

Rough_Rock
Glad you finally posted. Beautiful!!!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome and thanks for sharing your beautiful rings!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, it''s gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!! What a way to come out of lurking!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
5 YEARS as a lurker!!!! wow

I love your rings, they are great! DO you think you could take some more pictures, like maybe one of your band alone and ering alone??
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing! They are lovely. I cannot imagine you lurked for 5 years!!!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Five years of lurkdom...doesn''t that quailify her as a special rock? Or a pet rock?

Welcome...your rings are lovely! Congrats on your "new" marriage. And I love your screename...I knew a Desilu...and vetavitivegimen...is that the orgin of your name?

DKS

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
35.gif

Pretty rings! And D-color diamond!!!!
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for sharing your beautiful ring!!!
36.gif
36.gif

I can''t believe you lurked for an entire 5 years!!
2.gif
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2007 8:18:33 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Lovely indeed!!! Welcome out of lurkerdom!!!
35.gif
Ditto - welcome finally!

DesiLu

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone, for your comments!

I must admit I''ve never been too happy with the e-ring (by the way, the e-ring and w-ring are now soldered together, so I can''t take separate pics, unfortunately)...I still crave a different setting...just seems almost like a "stock" setting, whereas the trellis and/or a halo setting would hit the spot!

I, just recently, admitted to my husband how I''d like to change the setting (unbeknownst to me that he was VERY sentimental about it) and he about had a stroke! So, I mentioned a *possible* upgrade, down the line (say in five years or so; knowing I REALLY meant in, like, FIVE MINUTES, but couldnt'' exactly say that!!!) and, once again I had to hang my head in shame
38.gif

He finally came around and said for me to do "whatever I want" to it, and that he "didn''t care" what I changed it to...which sounded more like a guilt trip to me!

I tried to explain that it should be the stones themselves that he should "feel" an attachment not, not the dadgum setting!!!! But, alas, he says the *entire* ring, as it sits, is what he''s partial to, because he poured his heart and soul into it and that now he''s hurt because, come to find out, I''ve never been happy with it to begin with.

I sent him links---MANY--per HIS request---based on my fave Pricescopers'' rings...and I told him to take all into consideration and come up with a unique ring of his own; I made sure to even list the shapes of stones I like and dislike....settings I prefer (the only ones I mentioned were halo and trellis, nothing else!!!) And he *still* decided to do his "own" thing.
20.gif

In my five years of reading Pricescope on a daily basis (yes, a *daily* basis!), I''ve seen many a person ( MARA, for instance---lucky gal!!!) request an upgrade and, VOILA, it''s done! What would be so wrong with requesting an upgrade (pending fund-availablity, of course) and setting the original e-ring stones into either another ring or a pendant setting?
39.gif

I mean GEEZ, LOUISE!!!!

And, oh-by-the-way, he''s doing it again--this time with an Aquamarine ring I wanted....I wanted it for my b-day, last week, and I sent him links to the rings I wanted; so he can choose from those. What does he do?...TOTALLY disregards everything and goes with something *totally* different from what I wanted and then gets HIGHLY upset with me when I open the package and am visibly dissapointed (sorry, I can''t do the whole, "OH THANK YOU!!!!" when I don''t like something---just can''t do it to save my life!! And the dissapointment shows in my face, unfortunately. So, needless to say, he returned the ring and got his money back. And told me to get whatever I wanted.
So, that totally ruined it all because it''s no longer coming "from him", it''s now me buying myself my own dadgum gift!!!!
29.gif

(Whew)...Ok, done venting (for now)!! Thank you guys for "listening"!!
36.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
its a beautiful ring..i like 3 stone princesses...you can lead the hubby to the jewelry, but you can''t make him buy the one you pointed out.
20.gif
..you are better off buying your own pieces when its something you really want, otherwise you''ll never get it.lol...so many ps gals choose their own jewels...its not a reflection that dh doesn''t listen to you, he''s just choosing what he thinks is pretty---pick and buy your own stuff--you''ll be happier.

DesiLu

Rough_Rock
Yup...that''s exactly what he told me late last night...that I''m just going to have to either accept what he gives me (IF he ever gives me anything "spontaneously" again--which he said he probably wouldn''t), or just ask for a budget and pick my own stuff--which is unfortunate because I''m the kind of gal that would rather either have her mind read (YEAH RIGHT) or have him actually pick from *just* the choices he gets and nothing else. He said he saw it all as putting in his own "touches" and making it more personal...but, honestly, how "personal" can it be when it''s a stock piece coming from a chain store at the mall (the Aqua ring I made him take back was from a chain mall/maul store)???

And the worse part is that he *knows* I''m against buying any of my jewelry at chain stores--just my personal preference-not to mention I''d MUCH rather he''d have used a trusted online jeweler (he still won''t fess up whom made my e-ring, but I can''t tell from the inscription inside the band that it might be someone I know from Pricescope
29.gif
...which is what I BEGGED him to do (use a Pricescope-friendly jeweler...but NOOO!).

Oh well, what can ya do!
20.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2007 11:26:20 AM
Author: DesiLu
Yup...that's exactly what he told me late last night...that I'm just going to have to either accept what he gives me (IF he ever gives me anything 'spontaneously' again--which he said he probably wouldn't), or just ask for a budget and pick my own stuff--which is unfortunate because I'm the kind of gal that would rather either have her mind read (YEAH RIGHT) or have him actually pick from *just* the choices he gets and nothing else. He said he saw it all as putting in his own 'touches' and making it more personal...but, honestly, how 'personal' can it be when it's a stock piece coming from a chain store at the mall (the Aqua ring I made him take back was from a chain mall/maul store)???

And the worse part is that he *knows* I'm against buying any of my jewelry at chain stores--just my personal preference-not to mention I'd MUCH rather he'd have used a trusted online jeweler (he still won't fess up whom made my e-ring, but I can't tell from the inscription inside the band that it might be someone I know from Pricescope
29.gif
...which is what I BEGGED him to do (use a Pricescope-friendly jeweler...but NOOO!).

Oh well, what can ya do!
20.gif
I so hear you. Been there, done that. It is so sad to crush their feelings, but if I don't like it, I can't hide it either. It has finally evolved (after 30+ years of marriage) to this. I prescout my favorite jeweler. We live in a large metro area, and there are some really quality places here. I preselect 3 or 4 pieces that I really love. Jeweler has the list. Hubby calls or goes into jeweler and selects one of the pieces. That way I am sure to like it, and he still gets the pleasure of selecting something for me. I bet you could make this method work for on-line as well. What is important here is that he works directly with the jeweler, like he always has. It is just that the jeweler is clued in to what you are going to like.

Anyhow, it has gotten to the point where he THANKS me for making his present buying process easy, but it did take years of training.
20.gif
Good luck.
26.gif

ETA: I guess some people must be lucky, but my hubby will never, ever be able to read my mind.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome!
35.gif
What a beautiful set you have. I really like how the ring and band play off each other. A wonderful set!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome! gorgeous set
30.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
DesiLu -

Unfortunately, I can identify with your situation!

I found Pricescope after I got the idea in my head that *I* could reset my diamond into a setting I would love. The ring I had was uncomfortable, and not at all what I would have chosen. I did it on my own, got a setting I''m happier with - and in my case, I footed the bill myself. I also found out during the resetting that the diamond he picked was not as magnificent as he was proclaiming. I was very sad over the whole ordeal. After a bit of time, I realized I would be in charge of my own sparklies if I was going to have any! So, my budget is not like many on Pricescope, but I''ve gotten a couple of items that give me joy!

I hope it works out for you so you can be happy with your ring!

5.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
DesiLu your set is beautiful! Enjoy it.

You are still early in your marriage. So the sentimental feelings are very fresh. As time and years go by, other stuff becomes more important and an upgrade doesn''t seem like such a big deal anymore.

In the meantime, enjoy your beautiful set and your sentimental husband!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set. I''m glad you FINALLY posted!
1.gif

winston26

Shiny_Rock
You just made me realize I''m lucky....my boyfriend is the one who found Pricescope. At first it drove me nuts!! Everything started with "BUT Pricescope says....". Now I''m the one still sitting on PS, and he''s moved on to obsessing over his new Jeep!
But it does sound sweet that he''s sentimental about it. Maybe he''ll catch on to what your jewelry style is....my BF did....we looked at rings sooo long that by the end, he would pick out what I liked before I even saw it in the case. I used to play a game with an old BF....when walking past the jewelry window, I''d say "ooh, there''s some nice stuff in there---guess which one I like!!" Since you just got married, he''s hopefully still trainable!
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results