shape
carat
color
clarity

old european cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2005 1:51:24 PM
Author: elizzy

I have never seen a cloudy diamond but I would imagine what I saw is something i would describe as cloudy ... is it pretty typical when very sunny out?
Can't tell what you are seeing, but there have been others posting the same question and the answer turned out to be "this is how all diamonds look like" every time. So... chances are this is so in your case as well. Aside fluorescence, dirt, really bad polish or severe graining could produce a hazy look. Dirt can be removed, polish that looks hazy would be called "fair" on a lab report and such severe graining is rare and would lower the clarity grade to Si2 or lower even if there are no other visible inclusions. Not to mention that these faults would not dissapear when lighting changes.

This is pretty much all that comes to mind.

I hope either the jeweler or appraiser could take pictures of this intriguing stone!
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it sounds so beautiful!!!

1930s? Transitional cut, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results