shape
carat
color
clarity

Old European Cut earrings? opinions needed on White Flash option

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
hi- lurker here, I posted about this before, but now I have more info and hopefully will get some feedback/ideas. I took a ring I inherited in for appraisal and learned that the center stone is an OEC, .96, I-J (can''t get a 100% accurate read on weight or color until unmounted) VS2 . I don''t have any other measurements as I haven''t picked up- I just got this info over the phone. The appraiser told me he could source a matching stone for me for between 3-4K which seems a bit high to me. Sure enough I went onto whiteflash and found this : potential match
Obviously this is a better price for what could be a very good match- my question is what is my next step?
how would this work? would I send my ring to WF and then they would tell me if the stones would work as earrings? would they send stone to appraiser or me for comparison?

I have heard such great things about them, but I am also still thinking about how these earrings should be set- there are 2 smaller OEC or OMC cut stones on the same ring, and now I am wondering if maybe 2 stone earrings would be better w/ the antique cuts?

Any and all opinions are appreciated!
36.gif
34.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2006 10:53:22 PM
Author:dtnyc

I went onto whiteflash and found this : potential match

They match on ppaer at least
2.gif
Now, if your stone is also a not-so-deep cut OEC with a small table, ''guess there is a good chance that these guys are matched enough to work just fine as earrings - never to be seen side by side when worn. Somehow, you will have to see the two together, I would think. Worth giving it a shot, IMO.
5.gif

Obviously this is a better price for what could be a very good match- my question is what is my next step?
how would this work? would I send my ring to WF and then they would tell me if the stones would work as earrings? would they send stone to appraiser or me for comparison?

Perhaps either would work. What I would most like is to have the other stone at hand to take a look at them myself. ''Bet you the stones will not be CC of each other, so deciding whether the match is satisfactory would better be judged in person, not on 30X pictures.
12.gif

I am wondering if maybe 2 stone earrings would be better w/ the antique cuts?

That would be quite a classic! LINK What I like mostly about the style is that the larger diamonds remain with the pavilion in the light - it always helps them look more brilliant - even if perfectly cut (which oldies rarely are).

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
without seeing pic of either stone, it''s hard to tell if they would match patternwise. if i were in your shoes, i would first request a picture of the stone. that way you can at least see if the pattern is similar to yours. if you like the way the stone looks in the picture, you can move forward from there.

i love oec''s! good luck!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VintageII.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And some simple danglers
30.gif

SimpleDanglers.jpg

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the advice and input- I will wait to hear from WF now.
Valeria- I love these from that link. I need to get the details on the side stones of the ring, but I think something like that would be very feasible.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I am resurrecting this post, because I have a private message and I have no idea how to check it- can someone tell me how?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Private Messages have been discontinued by the administrators of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results